3 Side Key Mapping

Utters2027

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I haven't made any luck in my search to find if the 3 side keys are programmable to personal preference in any way. I wasn't sure if anyone else has had any better luck than I have on this.
The center ambient controls I like, but I find LG Health to be a low end competitor against ones like nike+ and google health. I would rather one of those be mapped to the key than LG's.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
As of right now they aren't. Hopefully a future update will enable you to remap the buttons.

Out of curiosity I hooked up my watch with ADB and checked the /system/usr/keylayout files. The most interesting thing I noticed was that the gpio-keys.kl file (GPIO is generally the physical buttons) lists keys 114 and 115 which are usually the Volume Up and Down buttons on most devices. However instead of being mapped to those functions, they are mapped to STEM_1 and STEM_2, which my guess would be shortcuts to Contacts and Health. In theory you should be able to edit these to do just about anything, but it requires root to edit or replace the file, which I haven't got around to yet (and not sure how willing I am to try at this point). But if anybody else is willing to give it a try...

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Out of curiosity I hooked up my watch with ADB and checked the /system/usr/keylayout files. The most interesting thing I noticed was that the gpio-keys.kl file (GPIO is generally the physical buttons) lists keys 114 and 115 which are usually the Volume Up and Down buttons on most devices. However instead of being mapped to those functions, they are mapped to STEM_1 and STEM_2, which my guess would be shortcuts to Contacts and Health. In theory you should be able to edit these to do just about anything, but it requires root to edit or replace the file, which I haven't got around to yet (and not sure how willing I am to try at this point). But if anybody else is willing to give it a try...

I saw this on Reddit. I'm not familiar with it but thought some here might be interested... https://developer.android.com/wear/preview/downloads.html#set_up_a_watch

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/05/android-wear-2-0-promises-to-free-your-watch-from-your-phone/

Last edited: