4.1.2 update?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine today. I signed up for the Motorola test program for this release. I have to report how well it works and they will release it soon. My update came direct from Moto via OTA. Musch smoother and faster.

piratesofthejellybean

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I don't remember signing up for any Motorola test program, but my phone did get a random downloading notification today with basically nothing on it besides the percent and the progress bar. When the download was complete, it told me the update would take some time (I forgot how much) and that I would not be able to use my phone during that time. So then it gave me the option to download the update now or to update it later. Me being the paranoid person I am, I choose to postpone the update because I had no idea if it was some malware or a real update. Did anyone else have a similar experience or knows more about this update?

Last edited:

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine today. I signed up for the Motorola test program for this release. I have to report how well it works and they will release it soon. My update came direct from Moto via OTA. Musch smoother and faster.

How do you sign up?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

rust47

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I checked my phone today for any updates. The 4.1.2 was available and I downloaded it to my phone and installed it with no problems.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed it today as well. So, what do we get with this update? Is this just bug fixes? I haven't noticed anything different.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the application notifications can be expanded or shrunk using one finger. For example, pulse sends me a morning summary of news stories. This notification can be shrunk to only show the story names or expanded to show the pictures. I find it useful for responding to text messages, emails, and working with Google Nav without really having to enter the applications.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I guess I just never tried to expand one. Just now looking at a calendar notification. One finger pull shows the snooze option. Needs two to close it.

Sent from my phone with the app.