865+ and 888 Thermal limits.

Jonathan Odom

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
I have high functioning Autism. Im super smart in math from basic all the way to theoretical.. i can literally visualize the equations and manipulate them in my head but im a retard at anything else. I can type but I suck speaking. It's really hard for me to reach out and ask for help. Please go easy on me if I'm redundant.

I own a tab s7 (865+) and a s21 fe. I purchased each for distraction. I use them so I don't sit at my desk for all hours of the night playing with equations.

I've learned I like games. Someone I know put genshin impact and life after on my tablet and phone telling me to play... they both get really hot. I don't use my phone because it is uncomfortable in my fingers. I know heat is expected. I wrote a simple temperature monitoring program that dumps to a log file I can check after gaming. I'm fairly certain I'm poling correct thermistor on chip. I've checked and rechecked.

Values
Tab s7 (865+) highest 81c median 74c
S21 fe (888) highest 78 median 68c

Are these Temps something to be concerned with or can I just ignore them and do my gaming?

Thank you.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Those Temps should be fine, processors and graphics for computers often run in the 90c plus range under load, thermal throttling usually happens at 100c. I would expect the same for these mobile chips as they use the same manufacturing process and nodes as AMD chips made at TSMC so the same thermal limits should apply.

Reason the devices get so hot is how slim they are the phone/tablet body is basically used to help dissipate heat, especially since there are no vents or airflow for these types of devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001