A Year In...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my five-inch Pixel 2 around April 15th, 2018 - and I must say, this phone has changed my entire perception of phone longevity. Usually around the one-year mark, I get a little antsy and start to think about which phone to buy next. Of course, I'm now thinking about what phone to get next - but the difference is, this phone is just too good to stop using! I have options in mind, but I just can't give up my Pixel 2!

Some things I've loved about my phone:

- battery life (is still pretty good and gets me through the day) and estimations
- monthly, timely and speedy software updates
- the gorgeous camera that took pictures of my wedding day and dozens and dozens of photos of my cat
- the double tap to wake screen
- the fluidity and ease of the operating system
- Google's Pixel earbuds' compatibility with the phone
- the overall size of the phone, its aesthetics, the bezels, the white colour
- Google Keep is awesome
- fingerprint scanner is in the perfect location

At this point, I am happy to use my phone until I can't - in which case, tears will ensue! I've truly realized how much I missed having a stock Android phone when I bought my Pixel 2.

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Agree with you, a really outstanding device. Mine is at the 18 month mark and still excellent. Battery fine, all functions are still working perfectly and on "Q" no less. I generally would get the itch for a new phone by now but can easily wait till P4 release and perhaps even beyond release till price drops start happening. Very pleased with the Pixel 2.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I got my five-inch Pixel 2 around April 15th, 2018 - and I must say, this phone has changed my entire perception of phone longevity. Usually around the one-year mark, I get a little antsy and start to think about which phone to buy next. Of course, I'm now thinking about what phone to get next - but the difference is, this phone is just too good to stop using! I have options in mind, but I just can't give up my Pixel 2!

- battery life (is still pretty good and gets me through the day) and estimations
- the gorgeous camera that took pictures of my wedding day and dozens and dozens of photos of my cat
- Google Keep is awesome

At this point, I am happy to use my phone until I can't - in which case, tears will ensure! I've truly realized how much I missed having a stock Android phone when I bought my Pixel 2.
Still own my pixel 2xl , could of sold it and made some money or traded it in but didn't want to let it go .

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
With you on all of that! I also have the beautiful Clearly White Pixel 2 and have been using it caseless for the past couple of days.

I've been looking on eBay for potential phones to change to but I can never pull the trigger.

I'm woo'd by the newer phones' bezelless displays and the additional cameras, but I don't know if I want to give up front facing speakers or guaranteed monthly updates.

I might be able to hold off until Pixel 4.

What are the Pixel Buds you're referring to btw? The wired USB-C ones?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
With you on all of that! I also have the beautiful Clearly White Pixel 2 and have been using it caseless for the past couple of days.

I've been looking on eBay for potential phones to change to but I can never pull the trigger.

I'm woo'd by the newer phones' bezelless displays and the additional cameras, but I don't know if I want to give up front facing speakers or guaranteed monthly updates.

I might be able to hold off until Pixel 4.

What are the Pixel Buds you're referring to btw? The wired USB-C ones?

Wow, using it caseless too! It's such a beautiful phone. I try and get translucent/transparent cases to show it off.

Yup, I'm referring to the white USB-C headphones! I love how they fit securely to my ears and the buttons on them work well. I also like how when I get an SMS notification, Google will tell me who is trying to get a hold of me. It's really added to my experience.

It's true, though - this phone is so hard to "replace," so to speak.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

- Google Keep is awesome

At this point, I am happy to use my phone until I can't - in which case, tears will ensue! I've truly realized how much I missed having a stock Android phone when I bought my Pixel 2.

Same here. I'm hanging on for the Pixel 4 but I hate notches and hole punches in the screen. So I might be waiting for a Pixel 5! Lol

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my Pixel 2 XL (Panda) on its launch date. Im still happy with too . I skipped the Pixel 3 update. To early yet to say if I will skip the Pixel 4 update

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
So I have my Pixel 3, BUT kept my Pixel 2 because the device is that good. Just couldn't part with it all the way and fire it up regularly. Simply a great device.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I had a pixel 2 at launch and wished I would have gotten the 2XL. Instead of upgrading to the notched 3, I sold my 2 and got a 2XL for almost the same price and I love it. I'm going to hold out for the P5. Probably. :D

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Still rocking my P2XL as is my wife. She came over from the Samsung S7 Edge. Neither of us are considering the 4 come this Fall. Our devices are still crazy fresh.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my Pixel 2 XL during the initial announcement and received it as a first batch phone. Still love it. Never had any issues (knock on wood). First the first time, other than maybe my original droid, the HTC Incredible, didn't consider a new phone within a year. Will probably look at the P4, just because its been two years and technology improves. Hope it's a good as this phone. Planning to make it non XL though, unless the shrink it slightly. Hoping the price isn't outrageous as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali