A13 Allwinner Problem

DMCNEO

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi, im not new to flashing or android. but this problem has me baffled.

my son gave me his tablet to fix after it got stuck on the "android" screen. as these crappy tablets are well known for. the only info i can find on the tablets board is:

CPU - A13 - D9071CA - 3A81
Board I.D - Q88DB v1.2 with "FORFUN" on it.
Chipset - Nanya 1340

normally these tablets dont have recovery on them. so the only option is to reflash if they bugger up. i was able to access the recovery menu on it despite it not having an image to flash back. i got into the menu but no buttons worked for it to do anything.

so i started looking for the original factory firmware for this tablet and according to a few sites i found it. iv downloaded 4 versions of it from different sources all of which "claim" its the correct img file for this tablet. however im unsure.

none of the images will flash over. iv used Pheonix Suite, Pheonix USB Pro, and Livesuite, each and everytime all of them fail as follows.

Pheonix Suite - fails at 56%.
Pheonix USB Pro - fails at 56%
Livesuite - fails at 56%

the tablet is now in a state where it doesnt turn on at all. the pc detects it but nothing appears on screen not even the battery charging symbol.

i know if you have an incorrect flash it will fail, as i said im not new to this, but these IMG files all claim to be for this tablet. i cant provide links but the names of them are as follows.

4.X1-MGT-Q88DB-V1.2-ZET6251-G605-OK
4.X1-MGT-Q88DB-V1.2-ZET6251-G605
FORFUN Q88D-V1.2

i found this IMG file which does get a little further but this one fails at 59%
Q88DB-V1.2_ZET6251(ForFun)

so im almost sure its a rom problem. but every link i see points to these roms that do not work.

iv also detected another issue.
when you hook the tab up to the laptop as normal, the laptop detects it but nothing appears on the screen of the tab. 7 times out of 10 the laptop will see it as an "unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) when it does detect it, it appears in device manager as "USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)"

now heres the bit that bugs me, when you connect it normally without pressing buttons and the tablet off completely, windows makes its new hardware found sound once and thats it. BUT.
if i have livesuit running, and connect again same way no button presses, windows makes its found new hardware sound, then the disconnected sound, then connected again sound before livesuit gives me the option to format the device. although it just goes to try and flash it doesnt format. im at a lost cause now iv been downloading different so called roms for this tablet for days, different flashers, usb drivers, im at the point where im going to put it calmly down, go get my hammer and smash the peace of crap to bits. but its for my son and he wants it working. iv offered to buy him a new one but no he "must" have this one for some reason?

the normal setup when flashing tablets is holding volume down and power and the tablet goes into download mode. but, this tablet doesnt do that. if you do it that way or even use volume up and power both livesuite and pheonix fail to even try flashing. they dont see the tablet. BUT, if you power the tablet off and naturally just connect it to usb normally like you where going to charge it without pressing any buttons, THEN livesuite and pheonix attempt to do the flash. although fail as stated. its very odd??

the fact the tablet doesnt display even a charging screen, and livesuit sees it, disconnects it then reconnects and seems to jump to download mode automatically, that says to me theres no data on it whatsoever. iv also used Uberizer and when i try to detect the device it finds nothing. when i try to read the firmware on it it says "access denied" or "specified file not found"

can anyone of you shed some light on this because im starting to lose my patients with it now. id happily use it as a door stop but i promised my lad id try and fix it. sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much detail so you know what im faced with. thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao