"Ad Privacy" was a running service - what is it?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think this is the forest where no one will hear this tree drop! (Pixel Forum)

I looked at Running Services. I've seen Subaru Starlink and any number of other apps I'm aware of and seen before. But just now there was the one titled "Ad Privacy" and suggested shutting it down might lose some data.

What the heck is this thing?

Thanks in advance... advance... advance.... (echo, echo, echo)

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
This seems to be something that came with the latest chrome update. I see a settings option @ settings - security & privacy - privacy - Ads - Ad privacy. By default all options under this are ON. This is scary. Turned OFF all of them on my phone and on all the phones of my family members.

By the way you are right about the pixel fold forum. No one talks here and this is a forum for a phone not less than 6 months old. I visit this almost everyday and make sure there is no change

Reactions: FF22

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I don't see this on my list of running services but let me check Chrome settings and also see if I have any updates pending ...it's been quiet on our Fold chat on another forum too ...phone is running excellent for me and I'm alternating between P8P and Fold for my Android side ..

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be something that came with the latest chrome update. I see a settings option @ settings - security & privacy - privacy - Ads - Ad privacy. By default all options under this are ON. This is scary. Turned OFF all of them on my phone and on all the phones of my family members.

By the way you are right about the pixel fold forum. No one talks here and this is a forum for a phone not less than 6 months old. I visit this almost everyday and make sure there is no change
It's to do with that new cookie alternative Google is rolling out. Pretty sure it's called Topics, but at this point I've kinda lost track. I had a popup when I opened chrome once asking me for permission to turn it on.

And I hear everything.

Every.

Thing.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member