After encryption phone shows padlock and won't turn on

raphi chernoff

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
My phone is a lg v35 thinq. I recently added an encryption to my phone, but now when I turned my phone on and enter my passcode it shows a padlock on the screen and a loading circle but never opens, what can I do to fix this and get it working? I got the encryption for my job, and i have tried doing the reset with the power and volume down button.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

I don't think encrypting the SIM card would've done this. There may have been an option to encrypt the phone's storage. Are you certain you didn't enter a different PIN/password to encrypt the phone?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This isn't anything I've ever seen. Phones are also encrypted by default these days, so all you should have had to do is set a lock screen option. When I search the settings of my V60, the only encryption option I get is for the SD card.

Do you remember where, or what steps you took to enable the encryption? Since you said this was for work, I wonder if it's a third party device management app. Companies often use those to further lock down a device, and maybe that has glitched.

raphi chernoff

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
I did have to download a third party app, but I think it just encrypted the sd like you said, regardless now I can't even get into the phone to check or change anything as it is stuck on a screen with a padlock

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This 3rd party app was something your workplace told you to install? If so, then contact your workplace IT department and let them know what's going on.