Alarm clock & phone ringtone issue

SlackerMcFly

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I recently upgraded to a Droid Turbo 2 from a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have lost all the alarm features as well as the phone ringtone features. Is there any alarm apps that have the same features as the galaxy S4? I love being able to set the snooze duration and how many times to snooze on each individual alarm. I also love the feature for ringtone that allows you to either play from beginning or automatically select the best part of the song. I need an alarm app for my droid turbo 2 that allows me to have these features. Also my phone ringtone for the Galaxy S4 had the same feature of selecting the beginning of the song or automatically select the best part of the song. Any apps that allow me to do this?

Last edited:

SlackerMcFly

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Tried it and there is no option to play a ringtone or song from the beginning or a selection of the best part. It just plays the ringtone or song from the beginning. The only thing it had was individual settings for each alarm. I need an app that does both. I wish I could just create it myself but I know nothing about making apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

SlackerMcFly

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I do NOT want an app that cuts my mp3's into what I want for a ringtone. I want an app that takes a full song and automatically plays a selection of the best part of the song or allows you to play from the beginning, whichever you choose. I do not want to cut and paste and all that crap to any of my mp3's. I need my alarm clock to do this as well as the phones ringtone.

If any of you had Samsung Galaxy S4 you know what I am talking about. So far I have not found anything that allows me to do this and I am extremely disappointed!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it destroys your original mp3, just makes a copy of the selection you want. Then you've got it. Presumably you make ringtones this way, anyway, since the best parts are generally not the first ten seconds of a song.

SlackerMcFly

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I know it doesnt destroy the original mp3. Point is I dont want to have to cut the song into the best part. Even if its a copy of the song. I want it automatically done without any actually slicing and dicing and leaving just 20 or 30 seconds of the song.

Anyways I found out today that Samsung is coming out with a Galaxy S7 that is bringing back the microSD card slot and water resistant. So im just gonna wait for that and trade my Droid for that. I will probably be much happier!