Always on

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my pixel watch 2 with my p8p and I like the watch. Moved from an older Samsung but have a question. My watch is ALWAYS on. I will turn it off, but as soon as I put it on the charger, it turns on again. If I turn it over while on the charger, turns on again. Is this normal?

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Got my pixel watch 2 with my p8p and I like the watch. Moved from an older Samsung but have a question. My watch is ALWAYS on. I will turn it off, but as soon as I put it on the charger, it turns on again. If I turn it over while on the charger, turns on again. Is this normal?
What do you mean by "I will turn it off...?" Where do you turn it off? Sounds a bit like you have the "Always-on Screen" setting turned on. Have you checked it to make sure it is off? I have a PW1, but I am pretty sure that the watch settings will be similar or the same in the PW2.
1. On your Google Pixel Watch, swipe down and tap the settings icon.
2. Tap "Display" and turn off "Always-on Screen" if it is on.
You can also check and turn off/on the "Always-on Screen" setting on your P8P by using the Google Pixel Watch app.

Last edited:

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I turn off my watch but holding the watch dial for approx 5 sec and then selecting power off. It boots down but as soon as I put it on the charger, it immediately starts the boot up process, fully booting and asking for my password.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I turn off my watch but holding the watch dial for approx 5 sec and then selecting power off. It boots down but as soon as I put it on the charger, it immediately starts the boot up process, fully booting and asking for my password.
Your watch behaviour is "normal." There has been quite a bit of online discussion about the PW1 doing this. The Pixel watch appears to be intentionally designed to be on while charging and no one has found a workaround for it. Given that you are not the only one interested in charging your Pixel watch while it is off, you might be interested in sending your feedback to the Google Watch Development Team. You can do so by opening the Google Pixel Watch app on your P8P, tap "Tips & Support" and then "Send Feedback."

Reactions: firebirder

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth pointing out that phones and smartwatches are designed to be always on devices. It's your choice if that's not how you want to use them, but it is how they are designed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174