Question Android 13 issue with Phone app

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Android 13 Samsung Galaxy tablet (A7 Lite; A9 8.7" with One UI 5.1.1) unlike say Android 11 tablets, shows phone calls in small window and not in full screen. It's bad, say I clicked on Keypad but then I don't have Speaker icon :-(

1) When I am making calls: Android 11 tablet brings full screen when type the number and initiate a call, while Android 13 brings up small window (see screen-shot), so it's harder to press say speaker or call numeric pad.

2) Incoming call while I am on Home screen: Android 11 tablet brings full screen so it's easy to swipe to accept the call, while Android 13 shows small window at the right (similar to screen-shot below)
(I can click on window title to make it full screen but it's not handy during incoming call ringtone)

P.S. new A9 tablet has Proximity sensor, so Phone app works normally with the exception of the above issuesScreenshot_20240117_225323_Phone.jpg

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious -- the Tab A9 can make actual calls using telephony (i.e., traditional cell calls) rather than VoIP calls? Historically, there have been very few tablets that can do this, so the Phone app is probably not well-optimized for tablets.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious -- the Tab A9 can make actual calls using telephony (i.e., traditional cell calls) rather than VoIP calls? Historically, there have been very few tablets that can do this, so the Phone app is probably not well-optimized for tablets.
Yes, it's traditional cell calls. In its predecessor, Tab A7 Lite, it was a problem with the
absence of Proximity sensor, other than that it also were traditional cell calls.
"
Phone app is probably not well-optimized for tablets.
It's the point of my question - looks like it's not Phone app - it works fine - it's Android version: in Android 11 Phone app works in those tablets as in a "regular" smart-phone, while Android 13 shows the above issue

P.S. May be it's Samsung modified Android 13 - I've read that Android 13 has (not in Samsung devices) an option "Start app maximized, full screen"

Last edited: