Android 13 update problem Dark mode displaying black text on black background.

Mikxling

Aug 20, 2022
Visit site
I have a Google Pixel 5
I upgraded to Android 13 with Aug 05 security,
And chose the Dark Theme as default.

I noticed a problem when running any USSD code from any Carrier. Trying to input anything is barely visible. The text is in Black when the background beneath it is in dark mode. Making it hard to see what you are inputting.

See the screenshot where I have run a USSD e.g *544# on my Carrier. I have input 98 which can't be seen easily. Anyone else or any solutions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820-225356~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-225356~2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 15

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Any update on this issue? It's one thing holding me back from upgrading - I'm running Android 12 still on my Pixel 5 and it works well. "If it ain't broke..."

My P5 is light weight and gets 5G. Good camera too. I'd have upgraded to the P6 Pro or P7 Pro if this phone wasn't so darn good. I am primarily an iPhone user (iPhone 13 Pro Max) but I have the Pixel 5 as a backup and change-of-pace phone. When my parents finally moved into the 21st century with their first smart phones they asked me what they should get. Naturally I suggested iPhones as I am familiar with them and can help with technical issues. So naturally they went out and got Android phones. I guess I'm a terrible salesman. I figured they'd be calling me (often) for help so to get familiar with the platform I picked up a Pixel 3a XL. And I liked it!

Last edited:

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Does this only happen when you try to input these codes or always?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

prmcafee

Apr 20, 2021
Visit site
What it is most likely is just an incompatibility with dark mode in that particular setting. There's not much you're going to be able to do to fix it in dark mode. My suggestion is to run in light mode if you really need to access these settings on a constant basis.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk