Android Auto stopped Working Wirelessly.. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated![Solved]

mikeinstlouis

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the long post.. I had android auto working in my new BMW 540i x 2021 pretty well, but youtube music kept playing on my phone after leaving the car. The guy at the dealer tried to help me stop the music playing so we did some deleting and reinstalling and now Android Auto completely stopped working. I see the start button but nothing happens except it makes my phone blink like it is trying to connect.

Had some trouble initially but if I recall, I had to download the AA for phone screen app on my Samsung Galaxy S9,+ went to developers mode and clicked a button. I think it was wirelessly project screen. I had read that that helps and maybe it did.

All was working except for sometimes playing YTmusic when I got out of the car. Now nothing works. and all we did was uninstall the AA for phone screen and reinstall it.

I have deleted my phone from the BMW.

I have deleted everything from my phone (I can't delete AA, in fact I can't even find an icon without the AA for phone screen) but I did delete all updates and cleared the data and cache, so no AA for home screen, just the native AA on my phone.

I re-paired my phone to the car. No problem there. I click the START ANDROID AUTO and it opens on my phone something that says follow the instructions on your car's screen. There are no instructions, it just goes back to the start android auto. All it did was say Galaxy S9+ successfully connected to TELEPHONE.

A couple of times I got a bluetooth message that said Note- Selected vehicle data is sent to your Android Auto device when you use Android Auto. CONFIRM NOTE but there is nothing on my phone to confirm so I just click the message on the screen. Nothing works. I turn off the car and turn it back on and I get the same message when I try to start AA that says Galaxy S9+ successfully connected to TELEPHONE. That is all that usually happens when I click start Android Auto. I get a flicker on my phones screen and it tells me that the Galaxy S9+ successfully connected to TELEPHONE.

I see that I am connected to BMW WIFI, but not internet. Not sure if that is important. I have the connect wirelessly option clicked when I am in the developers settings on AA.

Any help would be appreciated or direct me who to call.

Error message: Start Android Auto usually brings up a Samsung S9+ successfully connected to Telephone. Once I got an icon on the screen for AA. I pushed it and it said: Bluetooth Note: Selected vehicle data is sent to your Android Auto device when you use Android Auto. Confirm note or Cancel.

Were you able to connect to Android Auto prior to the issue? Yes

Car / head unit make & model: if you use Android Auto on your car display BMW 540i x 2021..not sure how to get the unit head model

Phone make & model:BMW 540i x 2021.

Android OS version: Android Version 10

Android Auto app version: Android Auto App version 5.9.604643 Android Auto for Phone screen version 1.1

Google Play services version: (Settings > Apps (or Apps & notifications > App info) > Google Play services)

Thanks,
Mikeinstlouis

mikeinstlouis

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Auto stopped Working Wirelessly.. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!

I figured it out. But I did, was just unpaired my phone from the car and deleted my phone from the Cars memory. I then cleared the cache and data in Google, Google Play services, Google assistant and I think I even did the Google Play Store too. And then when I paired my phone and started working normally.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Android Auto stopped Working Wirelessly.. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!

Glad you got it going, I'll mark this thread as solved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred