Any news on honeycomb?

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No Worries...at least we know WHY your Flyer wasn't Updating. Rooted Devices won't update via the OTA. Having said that....you've come to the proverbial Fork in the Road. You can either 1 Revert your Flyer back to Stock and install the Update.....or 2 Flash an HC Rom like "Fly Honey" onto your Rooted Flyer. You can find Directions for either method over at XDA Developers Forum. They are Very Helpful, Thorough and Knowledgeable concerning all things Android.

There is a "Flyer Section" over there or you can simply Google "Fly Honey Rom" and the links will take you there. So....you have a little more work to do....but now you know why you weren't getting the OTA. Good Luck....D

Thanks again. I went over to XDA and was able to get a stock honeycomb rom pretty easily. She's all set up running honeycomb. I really like the interface and how the pen works with apps now. Very cool!

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I headed over to the market and did a search for CNN. The app was there, and it installed fine, so it's probably not a global issue. I don't have a clue what the issue is, but at least you have some more information.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I headed over to the market and did a search for CNN. The app was there, and it installed fine, so it's probably not a global issue. I don't have a clue what the issue is, but at least you have some more information.

Keep in mind there is a CNN app for phones and ones for tablets. The tablet one is not compatible with my EVO View so probably not compatible with the Flyer. I guess if you could find the APK, you could install it and see what happens.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Keep in mind there is a CNN app for phones and ones for tablets. The tablet one is not compatible with my EVO View so probably not compatible with the Flyer. I guess if you could find the APK, you could install it and see what happens.

foxah1

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll give that at try. I do a manual check all the time and nothing. I will do the factory reset tonight and see if that works. Thanks!

I have a P510e flyer, no sim card, here in the US and it won't update either. I have done a factory reset, and still it won't find the honeycomb update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Adam

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a P510e flyer, no sim card, here in the US and it won't update either. I have done a factory reset, and still it won't find the honeycomb update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Adam

Your Flyer is a T-Mobile 3G Variation that has Not been updated as of yet. You should inquire at T-Mobile as to the forecast for Updating....D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05