Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think Google Now gave me a card for an article about the Nexus 8 a few days ago. I didn't read it though. :-/

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how much that site is paying Google to keep injecting that crap in the feed

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I think Google Now gave me a card for an article about the Nexus 8 a few days ago. I didn't read it though. :-/

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

I got that card too. Didnt the article mention maybe april for possible announcement?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If the Nexus 8 comes out with wireless charging and at least 32 GB of storage, I'm jumping ship from LG. Time will tell.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They actually have a nexus 8 forum up over at phandroid.

I'm trying to figure out how that's relevant at all to the tablet being real or not.

Anyway, we haven't heard anything at all about a Nexus 8. But, the Nexus 10 does need to be replaced. I would like to think that Google won't release an 8" tablet because it'll cannibalize sales of the 7, but who knows.

I'd love to see a Nexus 10 that competes with the iPad in terms of weight and physical size. My gripe with 10" tablets as media consumption devices has always been the weight. Heavier tablets are just less comfortable over long periods of time when watching movies and needing to hold it up. Cases and keyboard docks are not an ideal solution to this problem, either.

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how that's relevant at all to the tablet being real or not.

Anyway, we haven't heard anything at all about a Nexus 8. But, the Nexus 10 does need to be replaced. I would like to think that Google won't release an 8" tablet because it'll cannibalize sales of the 7, but who knows.

I'd love to see a Nexus 10 that competes with the iPad in terms of weight and physical size. My gripe with 10" tablets as media consumption devices has always been the weight. Heavier tablets are just less comfortable over long periods of time when watching movies and needing to hold it up. Cases and keyboard docks are not an ideal solution to this problem, either.
The rumor is they are ditching the 7" tablet because there are too many of them on the market. Switching to the 8" for something new.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The rumor is they are ditching the 7" tablet because there are too many of them on the market. Switching to the 8" for something new.

To compete directly with the iPad Mini? Idk. That's risky and they know it. It better nail it in every respect if they go that direction.

This also means it'll be Google I/O or later until we see it if history is any indication.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen anything that indicates an 8 inch tablet is in the works. I know an earlier leak had screen dimensions and oddly enough, they were the 2013 Nexus 7.

DougW

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Source - Google Nexus 8 Release Update: Release Date Coming Soon, Exclusive Android 4.5 and 64-Bit CPU - International Business Times

...... the tech giant may be gearing up into producing an 8-inch Nexus. This is to veer away from the saturated 7-inch slate industry and capitalize on the less explored 8-inch division. Reports also suggest that the Nexus 8 could come with a 64-bit CPU and Android 4.5 exclusively. --------------------Details about the Nexus 8 remain limited. Nonetheless, some of the reported specs include 64-buit Intel Moorefield CPU clocked at 2.33Ghz including a PowerVR G6430 GPU and is clocked at 2.33Ghz. It should also ship exclusively with Android 4.5 initially. According to reports, Android 4.5 will go by the Lollipop or Licorice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001