Anyone else have this weird camera issue on their Pixel 8 Pro?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
One night while laying in bed, I went to take a pic of something on the TV and I noticed all these weird dark lines on the camera be it pictures or video. They would only appear though until I tapped the screen to focus on something and then would go away. I thought it was super weird, so I tested it a few times did some troubleshooting and each time it was replicated (as shown in the images below).

foto_no_exif_1.jpgfoto_no_exif_2.jpg

I honestly didn't really think to test it outside the room I was in because it just never came to me. I even reached out to Google to see if it was known issue or if they might have a fix for me. They basically didn't have any information, but did say it would be covered under warranty and offered for me to mail it in or take it to a authorized repair center (Fantastic customer service btw in my experience). I opted for the repair center because it was faster and near by. So I went in and they literally couldn't replicate the issue and I was kinda cranky about it so just said thanks, I'll reach out to Google again and take it from there.

Later that night I was in the room again and something dawned on me and I began testing it in all the other rooms in the house. Nothing. Unable to replicate it anywhere else except that room. I did however notice that when I was standing under the lights in the room, it became worse. So I opened the camera app once again and held my phone closer to the bulb and OMG the lines got sooooo bad.

That was it, there's something about the smart lights I have in my room that are affecting the camera. I can't even say it's the light in general because regular bulbs don't do it, it just seems to be Globe Smart lights I have. They seem to cause some super weird interference. Anyway, if you see some weird lines on your Pixel 8 Pro and you have Smart lights installed, it just might be what's going on and nothing wrong with your actual device.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed it but I don't have any smart bulbs. I'm guessing it's the PWM from the LED light causing the issue. How does it look when the light is at maximum brightness? Does it change or get better or worse as you change the brightness of the bulb?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed it but I don't have any smart bulbs. I'm guessing it's the PWM from the LED light causing the issue. How does it look when the light is at maximum brightness? Does it change or get better or worse as you change the brightness of the bulb?
It definitely gets worse if I turn the lights up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana