App with a blank name and pop up ads

Sarah-Mitchell

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
So my phone has recently been just randomly popping up ads very frequently, whatever I'm doing. Half the time it switches over to Play Store by itself and the other half it just pops an ad (some of which aren't really appropriate for kids who happen to be watching me play Temple Run), both when I'm in the middle of things like texting or something else. When I hit the button that displays all the currently running apps, I realized that it's an app but the name is blank unlike all the other ones that say the name. (I attached a screenshot). I've looked on numerous forums and tried everything everyone else said worked, but nothing works for me. I went to Settings>Applications but there's no new apps there, I checked the device administrators but the only one there is Find My Device, I pretty much tried whatever I could. I even looked through the system apps, which I think it may be one of them, but I'm not familiar enough with Android to know which system apps are and aren't supposed to be there and I don't want to end up disabling something crucial.

If it helps at all, I know exactly the thing that I installed to make my phone start doing this, I just don't know how to uninstall it. It was this:

https://uplod.ws/fpaw23mr83hm

I just need some help with getting rid of it. (A random ad popped up three times while I was typing this)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170811-152243.png
    Screenshot_20170811-152243.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 5

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Could you describe the thing that you installed? Members are chary of clicking on links that they don't recognise.

Sarah-Mitchell

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it leads to a page with a download button at the bottom of like a hacked Spotify app, but I was able to get rid of the problem because a friend recommend Avast and it found the app and uninstalled it.

RossJosh

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
You can't be certain that you fully removed the issues. Do a scan with Malwarebytes and see if there are no further issues. Additionally, I recommend restarting your phone to confirm that the issues are not present anymore. Since the app can also compromise your private data, I also recommend changing passwords of every relevant website.

Also, the safest way to remove adware is to do a factory reset. As you can rarely fully remove any form of malware on Android. Good luck!

Sai Kiran27

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
So my phone has recently been just randomly popping up ads very frequently, whatever I'm doing. Half the time it switches over to Play Store by itself and the other half it just pops an ad (some of which aren't really appropriate for kids who happen to be watching me play Temple Run), both when I'm in the middle of things like texting or something else. When I hit the button that displays all the currently running apps, I realized that it's an app but the name is blank unlike all the other ones that say the name. (I attached a screenshot). I've looked on numerous forums and tried everything everyone else said worked, but nothing works for me. I went to Settings>Applications but there's no new apps there, I checked the device administrators but the only one there is Find My Device, I pretty much tried whatever I could. I even looked through the system apps, which I think it may be one of them, but I'm not familiar enough with Android to know which system apps are and aren't supposed to be there and I don't want to end up disabling something crucial.

If it helps at all, I know exactly the thing that I installed to make my phone start doing this, I just don't know how to uninstall it. It was this:

https://uplod.ws/fpaw23mr83hm

I just need some help with getting rid of it. (A random ad popped up three times while I was typing this)

First ,i got the same problem so what to do.simple,go to the apps in your settings then search clearly for all the apps all you have to do is recognize the app with no name try multiple times this method and if you recognize the invisible app with no name but data usage click uninstall it .so you never get another pop up add while watching videos or writing or playing games

Last edited by a moderator: