apps for Android 4.4.2.,where to find?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.
I purchased device which has this Android version of software and can not be updated.
Due to that I can not install newer apps just basic ones which I'd need for it like pdf reader,youtube app, some lightweight browser and program to watch videos.
So what should I do?
I don't want to throw it in garbage since devices hardware is pretty good even now in 2023.
Is it allowed for someone to share me a link where could I find such software.
On playstore 99% of them won't even find because of an older Android.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I have an old Samsung tablet running Android 7 that I use to watch YouTube and such. Even that being a few years newer is almost too old to be useful. I can't imagine trying to make something running 4.2.2 would be worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'd need to find older apk files for the apps that are compatible with 4.4.2, and even then, there's no guarantee that they'll work correctly, since there might be other Android system components that won't work correctly, or perhaps the tablet won't be able to connect successfully to the web due to out-of-date security protocols.

Downloading apks can be risky, since they're a prime target for malware. Probably the safest place to look is APKMirror.com, which is run by the folks at Android Police.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe