Apps will not uninstall

w9mka

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a samsung charge and I am unable to perform a hard reset or uninstall apps. I have tried to uninstall them via the android market and via the settings menu. After doing that if I restart the phone all the uninstalled apps reappear. I have turned off all the software syncing I can think of to prevent this but it does not help.

This is currently my second samsung charge. I went to the verizon store this morning and was told I had a conflicting app that was causing my issues with some apps that was force closing. So I uninstalled them. Now they are back.

Anyone else having similar issues? Is it possible to remove an app and it STAY gone?

w9mka

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I have been at the Verizon store. Any apps on the phone will not uninstall. I had install a few apps from the app store and myself, nor the rep at the store could get the apps to uninstall. We both tried to hard reset the phone almost 20 times and we could not get the phone to remove anything. The rep said he has never seen this before on the Charge.

noobsickle

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, get a root explorer on marketplace such as "es file explorer," enable superuser access in the settings and go into /preintstall/app and delete. I did this when "lets golf 2" kept reappearing on me.

Gr8Jeepin

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a samsung charge and I am unable to perform a hard reset or uninstall apps. I have tried to uninstall them via the android market and via the settings menu. After doing that if I restart the phone all the uninstalled apps reappear. I have turned off all the software syncing I can think of to prevent this but it does not help.

This is currently my second samsung charge. I went to the verizon store this morning and was told I had a conflicting app that was causing my issues with some apps that was force closing. So I uninstalled them. Now they are back.

Anyone else having similar issues? Is it possible to remove an app and it STAY gone?

I am having the same problem, Have a replacement coming on tuesday. but was wodering if it worth messing with phone until then. Suggestions?

deliaraz

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I just changed from an evo 4G to a Photon - I installed several of my previously purchased apps and now I cant get rid of them. I have reset my phone at least 10 times and the apps keep coming back. :(

Any solutions??

Thx.
D.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I just changed from an evo 4G to a Photon - I installed several of my previously purchased apps and now I cant get rid of them. I have reset my phone at least 10 times and the apps keep coming back. :(

Any solutions??

Thx.
D.

So are you unable to uninstall the apps through the market under my apps? Have you tried going menu=>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to the app you want to uninstall, click on it, then click the grey uninstall button? If you have downloaded an app from the market, after you reset the phone, the apps will reinstall once you log into your google account because it remembers which apps you have downloaded through the market and not uninstalled through the market.

deliaraz

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I think I got it figured out.

I did yet ANOTHER factory reset and this time when I signed in with my gmail account, I UNCHECKED where it says to sync with Google apps and passwords etc. So far no apps!!

deliaraz

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, I'll sync my gmail and will try to remove each one individually then another factory reset and see if that works.

THANKS!!

Karnaveer Shaktawat

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
i have an i9000 or galaxy s and i have the very same problem. Even after wiping data through recovery mode they come back. I guess its a problem in samsung itself or probably a virus is causing this

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe