Are Google Play services supported on the Kindle Fire 4.1.1?

Lightning3105

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
kindle fire 4.1.1 Google play services not supported?

Within the last few days, Amazon updated kindle fire is to include a bunch of new features. Before the update, I had side loaded many of the Google apps, including of course the compulsory Google play services.

However, after the update, I could not start the YouTube app whatsoever. I tried many combinations of old versions of the YouTube app, and old versions of the Google play services app, but it still did not work. I then tried using the google play music app, which told me that google play services was not supported on the device. I could not even open Google settings.

The update was to kindle fire os 4.1.1, and to android 4.4.2.

Is this a problem that many people are having, or is it just me? Are there any work arounds?

Adelina Persa

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: kindle fire 4.1.1 Google play services not supported?

I have the same problem :(( Please help!

Within the last few days, Amazon updated kindle fire is to include a bunch of new features. Before the update, I had side loaded many of the Google apps, including of course the compulsory Google play services.

However, after the update, I could not start the YouTube app whatsoever. I tried many combinations of old versions of the YouTube app, and old versions of the Google play services app, but it still did not work. I then tried using the google play music app, which told me that google play services was not supported on the device. I could not even open Google settings.

The update was to kindle fire os 4.1.1, and to android 4.4.2.

Is this a problem that many people are having, or is it just me? Are there any work arounds?

anon(9424572)

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: kindle fire 4.1.1 Google play services not supported?

Have you tried 1Mobile market app?
It has many Google apps & more, the benefit is that these .apks are updated more regularly than Amazon's versions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene