AT&T Galaxy S3 - Help please! Stuck in odin mode and was not trying to flash my phone

CHELESE

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading for days on how people tried to flash their phones with the wrong software, and how to hold the volume up or down (apparently there is mass confusion there) Home and Power key to get into a download mode to get out of this screen that I've been stuck on for days.

I simply was trying to backup my photos and music before unmounting an sd card to install a larger one. I connected my phone to my computer, it asked me to install samsung kies, i did, it then proceeded to upload files. I left and came back it was stuck on a big android person saying do not turn off. I left it like that all night, when I woke up its been on this ODIN mode screen and I can't get out.
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES & TRY AGAIN.

I've been trying in samsung kies over and over again, my phone is not recognized by samsung kies, when i connect my phone it loads for a while then comes back saying can't recognize the device, unplug and try again. It doesn't show up in the drop down box for emergency recovery in Kies. I turn the phone off, it comes on with this screen. i pull the battery out & turn it on it comes on with this screen. I hold down vol up, home, power, it vibrates and comes back to this screen, i hold vol down, home, power, it comes back to this screen. I attached a pic.

The phone is an AT&T phone that I've been using with the sim card for over a year from Family Mobile (so much cheaper) and I wish I would have never had the bright idea to actually back up files like a normal person or I wouldn't be in this mess. Can someone please help me, I don't have programmer exp but I can follow well laid out directions very well.

this is my 1st time ever posting so I'm sorry if I threaded to the wrong area or if this question was already addressed (please direct me to the right link if so)

Thank you

Attachments

• 2013-10-29 15.16.51.jpg
    2013-10-29 15.16.51.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 348

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I can try to help you out.
First, I need you to locate a program online called ODIN. Download and install.
Next, you would need to get a stock ROM file. Samsung Updates | Latest News and Firmware for your Samsung Devices! This file host is often throttled. So, it may take a while no matter what data speeds you have.

Now, you will need to move the folder to your desktop and extract the Kies file in the ROM. Right click to extract. Extract all in the same folder.

Open ODIN by right clicking and run as Administrator.

Power up the phone by pressing power, volume down and home at the same time. You should see a Warning screen. Click volume up to continue. Plug your device in. You should see a colored box after several minutes.

After that, follow this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

CHELESE

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thanks for replying Golfdriver97,

Unfortunately I couldn't get very far.... I am unable to get off the ODIN MODE page and into the Warning screen. When I try the following instructions, my phone vibrates twice, goes blank and comes back to the same ODIN mode screen.

"Power up the phone by pressing power, volume down and home at the same time. You should see a Warning screen. Click volume up to continue. Plug your device in. You should see a colored box after several minutes."

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Thanks for replying Golfdriver97,

Unfortunately I couldn't get very far.... I am unable to get off the ODIN MODE page and into the Warning screen. When I try the following instructions, my phone vibrates twice, goes blank and comes back to the same ODIN mode screen.

"Power up the phone by pressing power, volume down and home at the same time. You should see a Warning screen. Click volume up to continue. Plug your device in. You should see a colored box after several minutes."

Sorry for the delayed response. I am not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

jayesha94

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Go to Best Buy geek squad. I had same thing on my note 3 and they fixed it for me free. I just bought mine and have the Best Buy protection plan on it so I don't know if they will fix it for free. Go up their, see what happens.