AT&T Motorola Z2 Force $100 No Contract

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered it at 4am yesterday and late last night received an email from Motorola saying that it was cancelled. Of course at that time it was out of stock and price shown was 720. I contacted CS this morning and now waiting on on a response from different department, since CS didn't know why.
Unbelievable

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're dumping old ones, not only the Z2 Force. I went to buy another one this morning, but no AT&T or TMO.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How many did you get yesterday?
Just the one - I should have ordered 2 or 3 to sell 1 or two.But I've downloaded TWRP and the stock ROM, and saved a link to the bootloader unlock page, so I'm all set (except for ordering a case, which I will after it arrives, scheduled for the 17th).

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
As I said earlier, i think that your order would have been cancelled like mine. Their late explanation shown in this email above is more than questionable. I ordered it at 4:30 PST am, had a smooth checkout process and email confirmation for the order. At the point in time , they knew well enough the inventory. And make it more obvious, the cancellation notice came in very late 20:30 PST - They operate on CST. So, they basically prioritized based on some factors. Maybe 2+ was a flag for resellers or something. Then. that doesn't make sense neither, because their ultimate goal was to clear the stock. Who knows...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, the next day, the only version they had left was Verizon, so maybe I got the last one?

As for the bootloader, we'll see. It's not Samsung, it's not Google, but if every manufacturer is going to go that route, I'll be through buying AT&T phones. (I won't buy Verizon - the plans are too expensive, and I can't stand how CDMA "goes digital". I've been handling radio noise for decades, but that underwater sound got to me from the very first Verizon digital phone. I don't get seasick [not even in a nor'easter that has everyone rushing to the rail] but I get 'CDMA-sick;.)

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
FYI by the end of the year , Verizon is shutting down CDMA network - goes GSM LTE only.
They are pricier, but well worth it. Who needs a phone if you can't use when you need it. I regret switching to ATT and can't wait for the instalment (BOGO) to be over, so I can run back. Also, Verizon certified for VoLTE way more factory unlocked devices than ATT , so my idea of better choice (for switching) was terrible.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I did. Finally. I desperately needed a reliable phone certified for VoLTE on ATT. It was showing out of stock for a few hours in the morning but I refreshed the page few dozen of times in 1 hour and managed to snatch both colors. Though, to make sure I don't blow it like last time, I made 2 separate orders. I was still sceptical, but later I gotta a shipping confirmation.
In the meantime, I found another (better) phone for cheap and won't need the gold one anymore. So, I'll post it for sale as soon as it arrives.