Back button not working

jrf1025

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help me. I had to replace the battery and managed to do so myself. However, following the battery replacement, the power button no longer worked. The back button, meanwhile, worked just fine (tested this while on the charging cradle).

I took my watch in to UBreakiFix. The guys there were great. They assured me that they could fix it. Special ordered a flex cable and would tell me when it was ready after soldering it on.

Unfortunately, they then called to tell me that for whatever reason, they still couldn't turn on the watch (just flashed on and off...could not stay on) and that there was nothing more they could do.

Quite disappointing of course...but just for the heck of it, I cracked it open again and reseated the battery, made sure all connections were flush, etc. To my surprise, I did get it to power on again! However, while the power button now works fine, it's now the back button that doesn't work at all!

I tried opening it back up, blowing it out etc., but same result....power button is good, back is no response. I even tried the various tricks....hold the button down, tried more force, press it together along with the power button, etc. Simply can't get the back button to work. Both buttons feel solid, push down/click just fine...have always treated the watch with care/never dropped it, hit it, no water exposure other than rain.

I suppose I could get by as I have a working watch again, but still, not having a working back button is rather frustrating (especially now that Samsung removed the swipe down gesture from top of screen to go back feature). Not to mention, I value Samsung Pay as I use it all the time, so now I can't launch it.

Any advice on how I might get this button working again? It's strange that replacing the flex cable would have this reversal effect. I guess I can take it back in, but am hoping that perhaps there's something I can do myself, as long as it doesn't involve soldering.

Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards