Battery life still poor after tweaking, resets. What's my next move?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
"Bars" don't really mean anything to signal strength. You need to look in about device > status > sim card status to get your actual signal strength in dBm and asu.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I read this in a forum post, but I can't find where i read it now. Credit is due someone, but I can't find it.

Go to Settings-> Data Usage -> Google Services, Turn on "Restrict Background Data"
Go data usage for the play store and turn on "Restrict Background Data" there too.
Reboot Phone.
Go back to Data Usage and turn restrict background data back off on both.

I went from 8-10% per hour battery consumption to about 4% per hour.
Can't explain why that worked, but it did.

Dell May

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I ended up taking my original S6 back and getting a new-to-me phone from AT&T per my warranty. I've kept all my aggressive battery optimizations on, so that I could compare it to my original. So far, I'm getting much better battery life (see screen caps, which included 50% wireless use, which led to a lot of drainage in my old S6). But I know from reading the forums that new phones start strong and often bog down a month or two into regular usage. So I'm not spiking the ball in the end zone just yet. If nothing else, maybe this gets me through to 6.0's arrival and hopefully some additional optimizations with the new software.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 168.jpg
    168.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 35

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard