Battery life worse after 3.1

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else noticing their battery life is much worse since 3.1? My tf was at 93% this morning and sat idle until now. Woke it up and it is at 33%. Something default to on since the update that I am not aware of?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

rickurb

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I found that changing the Wifi disconnect policy setting from "Never" to "Never when plugged in" made a huge difference. I have not had any Wifi connection problems and my power loss in standby has dropped. My battery charge now drops about 2% an hour in standby. It was dropping around 5% an hour before the change. Some people have indicate Wifi reconnection issues when not using "Never", But I haven't had any reconnection issues. I'm using a Cisco router for my home network. I am running 3.1.

After deleting the CNN app my battery drops less than 1% per hour in srandby. I never heard of the CNN issue before. I'm getting around 2 days out of a charge now with moderate web browsing and app usage.

Last edited:

Kodros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That I do. But I had it before the update as well.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I had mine before the update as well but it started to act up last week. Kept running two notification services (I have CNN notifications off) in the background that wasn't allowing my device to sleep. Check your battery usage to see if your TF is ever being allowed to sleep. If it isn't, uninstall the CNN app to see if that solves it.