Best PC software for backing up all android phone data?

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I just had the awesome experience (sarcasm) of wiping my Pixel 8 Pro after switching from beta to stable android. I discovered when trying to restore all of my SUPPOSEDLY backed up data from Google One that it infact did NOT backup all of my data. It only backed up photos, videos and apps and some settings. So I ended up losing every personal file that wasn't a photo or video and along with that kick to the nuts I discovered that Google One doesn't even restore the photos and videos it backs up. You are expected to go into Google Photos and download all of those files yourself. So bottomline Google One absolutely SUCKS as a backup and restore option so I am looking for a good software that can backup my phone to my PC. I do not want to use a cloud service because I'm not paying for storage when i have 30TB worth of storage in my PC.
I'd like the software to be able to backup all file types and if possible folder structure also atleast a list of apps i have installed so I don't have to manually reinstall all of my apps. Call lags, contacts and text messages also. I know this is probably asking alot of a software but it's what i need for backups of my phone.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
For SMS you'll need something like SMS Backup & Restore app from Google Play.

I don't know about call logs. That's not something I bother with.

I use Gmail contacts, so no backup is needed for me.

For everything else, there is no software. It's just a matter of connecting the USB data cable and dragging/dropping the files via Windows Explorer. There isn't any software to do all that.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

EastCat

Mar 3, 2024
Visit site
I just had the awesome experience (sarcasm) of wiping my Pixel 8 Pro after switching from beta to stable android. I discovered when trying to restore all of my SUPPOSEDLY backed up data from Google One that it infact did NOT backup all of my data. It only backed up photos, videos and apps and some settings. So I ended up losing every personal file that wasn't a photo or video and along with that kick to the nuts I discovered that Google One doesn't even restore the photos and videos it backs up. You are expected to go into Google Photos and download all of those files yourself. So bottomline Google One absolutely SUCKS as a backup and restore option so I am looking for a good software that can backup my phone to my PC. I do not want to use a cloud service because I'm not paying for storage when i have 30TB worth of storage in my PC.
I'd like the software to be able to backup all file types and if possible folder structure also atleast a list of apps i have installed so I don't have to manually reinstall all of my apps. Call lags, contacts and text messages also. I know this is probably asking alot of a software but it's what i need for backups of my phone.
Hi,
You could use my app to easily backup your personal files to your PC. It's called SyncMyDroid and I described it here.
It will not handle SMS, call logs and contact lists, nor files that require root access. But it can handle any file type, unlike Google One. And it does automatic backups through WiFi.
I know it does not everything you are looking for, but it might help.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos