Block calls by area code on Google phone dialer?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Razer Phone 2 now, which comes pretty bare bones in terms of OS customizing. It has the basic Google Phone dialer for making and receiving calls, and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something or if it's unable to block calls by area code?

I moved years ago before robo/spam calls were a thing, but I never updated my phone number. Because whatever list I'm now on has me associated with that old area code, all of those types of calls appear to come from that same area code. Since I no longer have any contacts there, any call from there is guarantee spam. On my LG V20, they had a custom dialer app, where I could block calls based on area code. All I'm seeing now on the Google phone app is the ability to block individual numbers.

I know there's other apps to filter calls, and I do run Verizon's call filter app, but even that wasn't as good as the area code block. I'd prefer to not have to download an additional app for this.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Check to see if your dialer app has the option for blocking patterns like "starts with" and "contains". If it gives you a "starts with" option, add your area code -- with and without the leading "1" -- with that pattern.