Buying a tablet question

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a Samsung tablet, either the 7+ or 8+. I see a lot it's not worth upgrading to the 8+, but not much about buying one for the first time. Just 7+ is marked down now and the 8+ has longer support since it's new.

Is it worth $230 more to buy the S8+? On the 8+, it would be 128 memory and would require me to trade in my watch 3, so less storage and cost of giving up phone.

The S7+ has the 256 memory and no trade in needed.

The main reason I see to go with the 8+ is another year of support. Most everything else to me is same. I don't care about the camera. Any input is appreciated.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my S7+, but not sure what I would do in your situation.

I think I would strongly consider saving the extra money and get more storage with the S7+.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Personally, l don't think a little longer support on a tablet is that big of a deal. If you're using it for work or something the requires the longer security patches then that's different.

I have a Tab s6 that still performs as well as when I received it. My Husband has the Tab s7 & is very happy with it.

I'd keep the watch & go for the larger storage on the Tab s7+.

Let us know what you decide.
:)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I went with the S8+, bumpted it up to the 256. I decided to go all out. I don't see myself updating these all the time and just want to be more future proofed. It was almost $300 more, but I get $100 Google play card also on the S8+, so I shouldn't have to pay for YouTube music for a little bit. With that included, it was almost a wash.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll love it. I don't think you could have gone wrong either way. Once you get past paying for it, the longer support will be nice.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I would go with the most current model, you can also shop on Swappa and even get some brand new from there.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When did you buy? Did I just reply to an old post? LOL
I bought this weekend. I started the post Saturday, so I still appreciate any input yet.

I'm good with advice now on Samsung tablets in general. I have a Tab A 8 now for work. Not impressed with that one, but I've been told that is bottom of the barrel tablet, the Tab S8+ will run circles around it.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought this weekend. I started the post Saturday, so I still appreciate any input yet.

I'm good with advice now on Samsung tablets in general. I have a Tab A 8 now for work. Not impressed with that one, but I've been told that is bottom of the barrel tablet, the Tab S8+ will run circles around it.
Let me know how you like it. I've been trying with pulling the trigger on buying one.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have all three lol.... Going to sell the plus and maybe the ultra. Ultra is a nice couch tablet. Regular s8 is good for Mobil tablet. Not sure what I will end up keeping.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how you like it. I've been trying with pulling the trigger on buying one.
Hello. I love it. I wish I would have gotten the s7+ when it releases. It's an extension of my fold 3 and I get my text messages and calls on the tablet. The screen is very nice. As of now I don't regret my decision to get one. I use it all the time at home and leave my phone in the kitchen.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I love it. I wish I would have gotten the s7+ when it releases. It's an extension of my fold 3 and I get my text messages and calls on the tablet. The screen is very nice. As of now I don't regret my decision to get one. I use it all the time at home and leave my phone in the kitchen.
That's awesome. You just brought me 1 step closer to getting me one.