Can I disable System UI Notifications?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes those steps are what I tried last. Battery Full is set to No sound or visual interruption but there is no means to turn off "App Icon Badges". Whatever they are. Battery Full on/off alert is on and greyed out. As are all the alerts for System UI. Which is why I commented that I did not see how we would be alerted if we set the alert to no sound and no visual interruption. Turning sleep interruption off is not an option.

Just went to the Verizon Store and this is a new problem for the technician that helped me. He knew Wireless Charging no longer works on the S7 but he did not realize that after the latest upgrade USB charging started notifications for battery full.

I believe Samsung thinks there is an issue with charging the S7's battery and they want us to unplug it as soon as possible after reaching 100% charge. We are not being told the real reason for this software update.

In my opinion If it is unsafe to charge a phone over night then the phone is not safe to use.

When I called Samsung about the software changes which caused the wireless charger to turn the phone on they told me that they recommend removing the phone from the wireless charger as soon as possible. Then they told me they do not recommend leaving the phone on the wireless charger overnight. Soon after that later updates made the wireless charge fail. A second new charger also fails to charge the phone. Now they have changed the software for the USB charger to turn the phone on when its fully charged. I assume that we have an issue and Samsung has not told us about it yet. When we call them I assume they will tell us to remove and unplug the charger as soon as the phone is fully charged. I also assume they will recommend to not leave the phone on the charger over night.
Yeah, very weird issue. I think you could get better feedback from other owners if you open a thread on the S7 forum. This is a very old thread and related to an "ancient" Samsung model.

Try this, open a new thread on the S7 forum with an introduction of you problem, link it here and we'll try to move all your posts over there so you won't need to copy/paste them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556