Can't Connect to Internet on Good WiFi Connection

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I am unable to connect to the internet on my home wifi connection on my GS3. I started experiencing issues this morning when I swapped batteries (non-stock to stock). I have tried resetting the router, turning the phone off and back on, switching the batteries, and forgetting the account password and re-entering it, all of which were unsuccessful. I know the WiFi connection is good because I am using it on my computer (as I type this) and it is working well on my iPod touch as well. Any help would be appreciated, and if you need more info on my end just ask!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that's what I meant.

I don't know why pulling the battery would have changed anything, but...

Are you using access control on the router, to limit access to certain MAC addresses? Any chance you inadvertently set WiFi time (in advanced settings in the WiFi app? I'm kind of grasping at straws here.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Problem seems to have fixed itself. When I woke up this morning, I had to reset the router to use the internet on my computer, and now the wifi is working on my phone.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Problem seems to have fixed itself. When I woke up this morning, I had to reset the router to use the internet on my computer, and now the wifi is working on my phone.

Could have been that. I've been round and round with my internet provider with issues for the past month.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The problem obviously isn't with your phone as it is connecting to other routers.
If you're using WPA/WPA2 security, check that the router is set to use AES encyption. I saw similar behaviour using TKIP with my Desire Z, and switching encryption protocol sorted it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette