Can't print to HP Laserjet?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an ASUS Chromebook C300S connected via cable to an HP Laserjet Pro P1102w printer. The ASUS recognizes the printer, and attempts to print to it. But nothing happens. The cable is connected to the USB port on the right side of the ASUS. I've connected the ASUS to my HP Laserjet P2035 and printed successfully, and connected the Laserjet P1102w to my desktop and printed successfuly. So, it's just when they are connected together that I can't print.

teoteodore

Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
Mustang: The printer appears as the default option when I try to print. In the ADVANCED SETTINGS / PRINTING the printer is the only item under printers.

Diddy: I don't see the computer in a wi-fi network, but I do have the option of printing to it when the internet cable is disconnected. Am I suppose to do something at the printer if I want wi-fi --- there is a "radio tower" icon button that turns on a blue light on the printer.
Both: When I send a page to print the green ready light goes off at the printer --- so the signal is getting that far, I assume. Sometimes I get a message that it's printing (but it doesn't) and sometimes I get a fail message. Yes, I did test the printer on another computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the computer in a wi-fi network, but I do have the option of printing to it when the internet cable is disconnected. Am I suppose to do something at the printer if I want wi-fi --- there is a "radio tower" icon button that turns on a blue light on the printer.

Do you mean you don't see the printer in a wi-fi network? If both the printer and the Chromebook are connected to the same network, you should be able to print using Chrome Print. When you go to print something, and if you don't see the printer automatically show up in Destination, click the Destination option and then See More, and look for it there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang: The printer appears as the default option when I try to print. In the ADVANCED SETTINGS / PRINTING the printer is the only item under printers.

Diddy: I don't see the computer in a wi-fi network, but I do have the option of printing to it when the internet cable is disconnected. Am I suppose to do something at the printer if I want wi-fi --- there is a "radio tower" icon button that turns on a blue light on the printer.
Both: When I send a page to print the green ready light goes off at the printer --- so the signal is getting that far, I assume. Sometimes I get a message that it's printing (but it doesn't) and sometimes I get a fail message. Yes, I did test the printer on another computer.
Was it ok on the other computer you tested?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

You need to connect the printer to your wifi network by entering the SSID and password of your router to use it wirelessly on your network.