Can't transfer files from PC to phone via USB!

Zarathrustra

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for being explicit on using the S7's white usb cable connector - I was using a 'standard' connector. But on using the S7 white cable, I got connection.

Peeyush Phogat

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I am having a very similar issue to the ones mentioned above. I am using a Samsung Captivate Glide from AT&T. I have had the phone for probably about a month now and it was working fine up until recently with me being able to hook up to my laptop to transfer stuff.

Now I am getting the same issues with the MTP-Initialization and noting happening when I drop the window shade down and press the USB icon. I have gone into the wireless setting and met with the same problems above where it will tell me to disconnect my USB after pressing the connect button. I also do the opposite and nothing pops up.

I did have the misfortune of having the casing to my USB cord broken open. I did try to fix it and it still recognizes it enough to charge it but I cannot connect to the PC. Would having my cable broken open cause any issues like this?

Edit: Once I got home I dug out my USB cable for my old phone, plugged it in and got it to connect fine. Probably should have realized the cable was the problem when i noticed it broken in my bag. But I wanted to ask in case cause I noticed it was still able to charge the phone.
you should scroll down menu and choose share images option. now you can share images as well as any file copied in your phones dcim folder

Jerry Skelley

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Similar issue, but LG Volt made the right connection until I attempted to install Vysor (just for curiosity... I didn't need Vysor and the installation did not succeed). Obviously some setting(s) got switched, but I have about two years of experience using the transfer via USB feature. The cable I'm using continues to work with another Android phone, and the LG Volt phone does connect with the Windows 10 laptop, but instead of showing in the Windows Explorer, it shows up in the external device section on the Windows tray. MTP is still checked in the Android's Settings> USB Connection>. When I connect to the PC, no dialog box appears. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload05