Can't transfer specific folder or files to phone

marthaHoopkins1976

Aug 19, 2021
Visit site
there is a folder with audio files that I want to transfer from my PC to phone, but when i copy the folder and paste it in the phone folder the copying process ends halfway. Only a few files get transferred to the phone. I tried copying and pasting the files individually but the files don't get pasted in the phone folder. I've opened the files and they all work, so I know they are not corrupted. I have also successfully transferred other files and folders to the phone, so I know it's not the cable or anything else. The problem seems to be this specific folder and the files inside. Is there a way to fix this?
The phone is a samsung a01.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the total size of the files you're trying to transfer? Copying huge amounts of data over USB can be notoriously buggy. It's better to copy files over in smaller batches.

marthaHoopkins1976

Aug 19, 2021
Visit site
I've tried transfering one file, but nothing happens. there are 14 files in the folder. I can transfer 13 files with no problems, but the 14th file won't transfer for some reason. the entire folder is about 400mb. I've tried transfering the folder but the transfer stops halfway. Is there a file transfer app that uses bluetooth?

marthaHoopkins1976

Aug 19, 2021
Visit site
it turns out the issue was a few files had commas and another symbol in their name. the phone can't have files with commas in their name apparently. I tried uploading the folder to mega, but the files with commas in their name couldn't be uploaded. I removed the commas and the file transfer was successful.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it turns out the issue was a few files had commas and another symbol in their name. the phone can't have files with commas in their name apparently. I tried uploading the folder to mega, but the files with commas in their name couldn't be uploaded. I removed the commas and the file transfer was successful.
Thats great you got it going

mrodent

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing today for me: I tried to copy over an .htm file from the PC to the Android. It mysteriously refused to copy over. Then I noticed that it was still open in LO Writer on the PC. When I closed that I was able to copy. This is difference to copying a file on a PC: just because a file is open in an app doesn't prevent copying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001