car mode problems

heckenka

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. This morning at 6:30 my phone decided to start ringing without getting called. It would ring and even play the ringtone over itself. The car mode randomly comes up but i cant find a way to disable it. In my notification bar says Phone in USB host mode Unable to charge phone while in host mode. It says that whether or not its plugged in. So right now i have my ringtone down so my phone isn't randomly ringing all the time. Any suggestions before I try a factory reset?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. This morning at 6:30 my phone decided to start ringing without getting called. It would ring and even play the ringtone over itself. The car mode randomly comes up but i cant find a way to disable it. In my notification bar says Phone in USB host mode Unable to charge phone while in host mode. It says that whether or not its plugged in. So right now i have my ringtone down so my phone isn't randomly ringing all the time. Any suggestions before I try a factory reset?

Try a system cache clear as golfdirver97 suggested. Also try booting into safe mode (instructions linked below). From there see if you have the same problem, and if you can change settings. If the problem doesn't exist there you may have a 3rd party app that is causing a problem, or other possibilities include virus and/or malware.

Clear cache:
Cache partition: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support

Safe mode:
Restart the Device in Safe Mode - The all new HTC One® (M8)

Thb91

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem myself! I was away on vacation and the phone's ringtone would randomly go off despite there being no caller, then the car mode would launch every two minutes ( I don't even have a car!) I read online for a couple of solutions and nothing seemed to work, (but you can disable car mode from the settings of the app by disabling the auto launch features - it won't stop the phone ringing though). Then the host mode message began appearing! I figured maybe some intense heat from my vacation had damaged my phone.

I eventually decided to call HTC as I'd even try to do a factory reset and that didn't work. HTC were the due to pick up my handset the following day and so I'd left the phone switched off for a good 18 hours or so I, anyways, I then went to finally wipe the phone of any personal data and somehow it's worked fine ever since. In the end I'm not actually sure what happened to the phone but it's working fine now. It was at a point where it wouldn't even charge unless turned off, and even then that didn't always work.

Maybe leave the phone alone and switched off for half a day or something, then factory reset it and see what happens. Believe me I've scoured Google and android forums looking for an answer to this but there doesn't seem to be one, I fixed mine purely by change. Failing that I'd give HTC a call, it's not ideal I knowl, but it's clearly a common fault (there's several others post on forums quoting the same issues) and so you should have no problems with a replacement, especially since the handsets not even been around a year.

Hope this helps.

heckenka

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Well it still was doing it even in safe mode. This morning I disabled installing apps from unknown sources and htc gesture listener (i think thats what it was called. It was the app that let you tap with three fingers to turn off the screen). So far today it hasn't happened yet so who knows. Hopefully its gone and will be fixed in a future update.

Griffin Walter

May 27, 2014
Visit site
hi heckenka , did you uninstall any apps? Or just disable the app "HTC Gesture Listener" and the symptom disappear?
Did you ever run a update to K443 lately?
Well it still was doing it even in safe mode. This morning I disabled installing apps from unknown sources and htc gesture listener (i think thats what it was called. It was the app that let you tap with three fingers to turn off the screen). So far today it hasn't happened yet so who knows. Hopefully its gone and will be fixed in a future update.

Nona ur Business

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
I am an 06 Hummer H2 sut. I believe that Android auto through my phone is connecting to a remote phone and have the capability of shutting my car down when the computer says the onboard computer says there's a certain mileage and apparently 42 miles is that key figure. But I want to know can Android auto shut your car down