Case Hack

Joachimi

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've done this for years, but I never see anyone else doing it (I'm sure there are, of course). I had somebody recently see and ask me about it, so figured I'd share in case there are others like me that it could help.

I need to have my phone protected, I am a network technician, and spend my days climbing utility poles, wiring buildings, often climbing in attics or crawling in crawl spaces. Also, I am driving half the day, and magnet mounts are absolutely the best for going in and out of truck all day, while also keeping my phone in reach (pop one in the shower or next to jacuzzi as well). In addition, I've become extremely reliant on a finger ring on the phone, so I don't drop the phone 100 times a day, while also making it way easier to use.

I use NFC, I don't want to lose wireless charging, and while sometimes necessary, I don't want a 3lb brick for a phone all the time. So whenever I get a new phone, I get an OtterBox with belt clip (other cases with belt clips work, BUT most of them have very flimsy belt clips, not like the OtterBox), and I also grab an extra OtterBox belt clip for like $10 off Amazon. Then I put all my magnets and finger rings on the belt clips. Usually a magnet on the top and ring on the bottom. That way you can just have your phone when that's all you need, but to use magnet mounts or ring grips you just pop the belt clip on the back of phone.

Stupid simple, just thought I'd share.