Case reviews s21U

CarlGHarris

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I really want a case that has a great grip and excellent camera protection - not just for the lenses, but for the entire metal pop out that encases the lenses. The search continues.

Nillkin Galaxy S21 Ultra Case - CamShield Case with Slide Camera. I was hoping this would be the one. Offers a camera slide cover, which works very well. The case is also solid and has nice but small bumpers on the corners. The wobble on a desk is minimal vertically and almost non-existent horizontally because of the large lens cover that covers the top area. ALMOST a perfect case. The problem is that the material is too slippery on the sides and back. Volume and power buttons don't have a nice click like they do on some other cases. Not going to be the one for me.

Ringke Onyx - so far, this is the best of the bunch I've tried, but also has some drawbacks. No additional rubber/plastic on the corners for drop protection. But the grip is much better than most (but honestly, could still be better). Has raised knobs on three corners of the back (other than the camera bump area) to make it sit almost flat, which is a nice touch. Nice click to sound and power buttons. Minimal camera protection - just a big open rectangle with a small raise plastic edge around it.

Spigen Neo Hybrid - one the the more premium-looking cases. Sides have a good grip, the back is slippery, though. Not corner bumpers, but there is a plastic wrap around the rubbery material, so feels like good protection. Nice click to sound and power buttons. Minimal camera protection - just a big open rectangle with a small raise plastic edge around it. Wobbles a lot on a desk.

Caseology Vault - my last case was caseology and it was near perfect. This one isn't. Excellent click to sound and power buttons. Minimal camera protection - just a big open rectangle with a small raise plastic edge around it. Minimal horizontal wobble, but it's there. Pretty good grip.

Spigen Thin Fit - very good grip. I don't think there's much drop protection on this one given how thin it is, but it's a nice-looking, sleek case. Minimal camera protection - just a big open rectangle with a small raise plastic edge around it. Wobbles a lot on a desk. Excellent click to sound and power buttons.

CarlGHarris

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Update:

I just tried the Nillkin with the metal ring on the back. Otherwise, it has the same issues as the Nillkin discussed above. If you like the metal ring on the back, this one is very stable and strong and serves as a kickstand, too. The screen slide is really great.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174