Color Scheme

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to change the color scheme on a ROM or the entire phone perhaps to make it look HD?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
yeah, get the permission of the ROM developer and download the ROM, than unzip, and change the pngs that you want.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You don't need permission for that unless you plan to redistribute.

edit -- Here's a suggestion. If you're on gingerbread, change your DPI to 140, or if you can stand it, 130. It fakes a larger screen resolution, gives things a sharper look. I like it. You can't make it look "HD" with a color change.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Also something to be aware of: dropping/changing the dpi may have adverse effects in market with updates and/or downloads. Mine is one of the few that can't have the dpi changed.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

edit -- Here's a suggestion. If you're on gingerbread, change your DPI to 140, or if you can stand it, 130. It fakes a larger screen resolution, gives things a sharper look. I like it. You can't make it look "HD" with a color change.

i know u cant actually make it look hd like that, but ive noticed on my friends droid x that the greens and blues are different. Things just have a different look to them

---------- Post Merged at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:22 PM ----------

also, how can i change the dpi?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
What you are asking for is "Voodoo Colors" and to my knowledge is not supported on the Optimus S. It is a kernel mod that I don't think can be added since we do not have source to build from. Maybe Drew would know if it is even possible, but I doubt it would be worth the effort.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What you are asking for is "Voodoo Colors" and to my knowledge is not supported on the Optimus S. It is a kernel mod that I don't think can be added since we do not have source to build from. Maybe Drew would know if it is even possible, but I doubt it would be worth the effort.

oh ok then, and again how can i change the dpi?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Right, I forget you don't need permission for private use. Thanks for clearing it up.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You don't want to change your DPI on CM9, it breaks things. Like I said, if it's that important to you, go to CM7. Get LCD Density Modder Pro from the Market, it's a few bucks, and makes everything really easy. Also fixes market incompatibility.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't want to change your DPI on CM9, it breaks things. Like I said, if it's that important to you, go to CM7. Get LCD Density Modder Pro from the Market, it's a few bucks, and makes everything really easy. Also fixes market incompatibility.

ohhhh ok then, no i wont do it, i love ics too much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itistho