Coming from a V30

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Good evening. I picked up a V60 a few days ago and just waiting for it to be delivered. I have read a bunch about it and have been going through the forums trying to see what people like and dislike. Just curious from anyone who did the same, was there anything that you weren't expecting or are unsatisfied with making the transition?

For example I like the fingerprint reader on the back, and I think I'm not going to like or get used to the under screen one, and the front camera notch I will probably be indifferent to. So just looking for similar feedback.

Maybe I'll be wrong but from all my research I think the positives will far outway any negatives, which is why I purchased it. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have.

FYI it's a Verizon model but I'll be using it Europe on T-Mobile. I am a Verizon customer in the US which is why I had the Verizon model V30 for the last three years over here. I plan to keep it for as long as possible since I'll be home in a year, and hopefully I don't damage it like the V30.

BobbyD1981

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I went from a V30/35 (the 35 was an insurance replacement for the 30) and the V60 surpasses it pretty much everywhere. I do miss the rear fingerprint sensor, but I've gotten used to the in screen sensor (it's not nearly as good as the rear sensor on the 30). The battery life is a gigantic improvement and the dual speakers are awesome. There are a lot of similarities with the 30 such as the knock on/off and the excellent headphone jack. It's a great phone and an improvement over the 30.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi I am glad you like your new v60.
Amazingly I like my V60 very much. I was forced to give up my Note 10+ due to horrible signal strength.

My husband has an LG and his signal strength was much better than mine and yes we live in the same house. So I decided LG must have something better than Samsung as far as this goes.

I had it down to the V60 or the Velvet and finally decided on the V60 and I'm actually quite happy with it which I never thought I'd say.

I don't know what LG has over Samsung when it comes to this but Samsung needs to catch up and LG keep up the good work.

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Great that's good to hear. I am hoping nobody says 'everything was good except X and it makes it regretable'. Not that it matters now since I won't likely be going through the effort to return it if there was something or thinnga that made me dislike it. Appreciate the feedback!

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Well that's good to hear. I always seem to have better signal strength than a lot of my peers when on the same carrier but they're on different than phones. I don't know if they're just complaining or it actually is better but I think the V30 has good antennas so I'm hoping that's a strong feature of the V60 as well!

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well- I can endorse nothing but good feedback as well. Battery life is just totally amazing. Signal strength is great at home and work and everywhere I go. I love the headphone jack as I actually use wired earbuds to talk on the phone and listen to music; sounds is amazing. still part of the headphone jack fan club. Screen is beautiful; takes good pictures. I enjoy the active stylus support - don't need to use the stylus constantly but it's nice to have for the occasional document signing and PDF mark up I do. Great storage internal and external. I also like the larger screen size. Continue to be very happy with myV60.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I previously had a V30 before my current Note 9. I will say that honestly, I liked the V30 better. The Note 9 is an okay device, but I'm not blown away by it or anything. The V60 is definitely very tempting though. I like the design and software feel of LG's devices better than Samsung honestly. And I would LOVE a 5000 mah battery. And for 700 bucks, with a dual screen and all the bells and whistles, how are people not buying the V60 off the shelves?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My previous phones were LG V40 and a Note 9. I got the V60 because 5G is in my neighborhood as well as at work. I really didn't expect 5G until next year but since it's here, I bought a V60. I have T-Mobile and the 5G is faster than my Verizon FIOS at home.

I traded in my Note 9 for my wife and she got the Note 20 Ultra. Couldn't pass up the $550 trade in value.

I still have my V40 as my backup phone. I don't buy insurance.

I love my V60. I have the dual screen and bought a Wacom Bamboo stylus as the V60 has stylus support so I can have some "Note" like experience.

I buy LG for the Quad Dac and the V60 has a headphone jack and the audio is really good.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Ahh, your post is making me miss LG! I loved my V30. My two personal favorite phones that I have ever had were the Galaxy S5 and the LG V30. But, before the V30, I had the G6, so I'm still kind of in an LG mindset. I like their Android skin and software, though it can be a bit clunky and glitchy at times.

The dual screen case seems pretty cool. But I can't imagine talking on the phone while it's on lol How does that kind of thing work exactly? I imagine it would be one of those things that would be better later at night when your home and relaxed, as opposed to carrying around the dual screen case with you all day at work.

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I'll throw in my 2cents - my LG progression was LG V30, LG G8, and lastly, LG V60 (all T-Mobile branded). I liked my V30 tremendously and consider it one of the best Androids I've owned. Great camera (first camera on a phone I've used with ultra wide), outstanding audio with video recording, great T-Mobile cell reception where I live, great battery life.

Still have my LG G8 and really like it a lot (tho audio quality with video doesn't seem to be quite as good as on the V30, but it's not horrible), great camera for stills, great cell reception, all day battery (generally, depending on use of course). Now using the V60. Great cameras (including video), great cell reception and call quality (and great 5G on T-Mobile), nice display, great external speakers, the longest battery life I've ever experienced on a phone (including iPhone Pro 11 Pro Max) ... I could easily go 3 days before charging (depending on usage of course). I do not have the dual display case because I wasn't interested.

The only thing that took a little bit of time to get used to was the size of the display. Took about a day. It was lighter than the iPhone 11 Pro Max and didn't feel as wide. Definitely taller tho, but much easier to use in one hand for me if needed. The V60 in the first large phone that I've stayed with, and in my personal opinion, overall it's the best LG I've used.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I'll throw in my 2cents - my LG progression was LG V30, LG G8, and lastly, LG V60 (all T-Mobile branded). I liked my V30 tremendously and consider it one of the best Androids I've owned. Great camera (first camera on a phone I've used with ultra wide), outstanding audio with video recording, great T-Mobile cell reception where I live, great battery life.

Still have my LG G8 and really like it a lot (tho audio quality with video doesn't seem to be quite as good as on the V30, but it's not horrible), great camera for stills, great cell reception, all day battery (generally, depending on use of course). Now using the V60. Great cameras (including video), great cell reception and call quality (and great 5G on T-Mobile), nice display, great external speakers, the longest battery life I've ever experienced on a phone (including iPhone Pro 11 Pro Max) ... I could easily go 3 days before charging (depending on usage of course). I do not have the dual display case because I wasn't interested.

The only thing that took a little bit of time to get used to was the size of the display. Took about a day. It was lighter than the iPhone 11 Pro Max and didn't feel as wide. Definitely taller tho, but much easier to use in one hand for me if needed. The V60 in the first large phone that I've stayed with, and in my personal opinion, overall it's the best LG I've used.

It is definitely a huge phone. And that's coming from someone who uses a Note lol

I personally didn't like the G8. I tried it out, but seemed to have problems with the battery life as well as I didn't care for the whole screen speaker. I'm glad that's something LG hasn't done since. If it wasn't for those two it would have been a suitable device as it's kind of a bummer because when I had tried them out, I had a BOGO deal from T-Mobile for me and my wife.

I wonder also... Is LG done making the G series phones? I know they released the "Velvet," device this year, and that seems to be more of a budget, lower priced option phone compared to the V series like they usually do with the G.

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I wonder also... Is LG done making the G series phones? I know they released the "Velvet," device this year, and that seems to be more of a budget, lower priced option phone compared to the V series like they usually do with the G.

Good question. I have no idea.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had Samsung phones forever and switched a few years ago to the G7. It was far superior to any Samsung phone I've used and I was hooked.

Now I'm on the V60 and there are definitely things about it I like better, sound, size and battery for instance. But the in-display fingerprint sensor is not nearly as good as the physical sensor that was on the back of the phone and there is no facial recognition which I find hard to comprehend.

Not that I'd classify the phone as lagging but it's not nearly as smooth as the G7.

I'm on T-Mobile now so I may take advantage of turning it in after a year and see what my options are at that time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had Samsung phones forever and switched a few years ago to the G7. It was far superior to any Samsung phone I've used and I was hooked.

Now I'm on the V60 and there are definitely things about it I like better, sound, size and battery for instance. But the in-display fingerprint sensor is not nearly as good as the physical sensor that was on the back of the phone and there is no facial recognition which I find hard to comprehend.

Not that I'd classify the phone as lagging but it's not nearly as smooth as the G7.

I'm on T-Mobile now so I may take advantage of turning it in after a year and see what my options are at that time.
I'm curious as to what you found far superior.
I had the LG G5, V20, and V30, the Pixel 2XL and 3XL, the Samsung S10+, Note10+ and now have an S20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra. The only thing I found superior was the Quad DAC in the V models over the Samsungs and Pixels and the manual camera settings over the Pixels.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious as to what you found far superior.
I had the LG G5, V20, and V30, the Pixel 2XL and 3XL, the Samsung S10+, Note10+ and now have an S20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra. The only thing I found superior was the Quad DAC in the V models over the Samsungs and Pixels and the manual camera settings over the Pixels.

So you mentioned two things better already. Couple that with better battery life (I'm speaking not only about the V60 but also the G7) and there was no lag even after two years with the G7. To top it off the pricing is so much lower and, imo, you have a winner!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So you mentioned two things better already. Couple that with better battery life (I'm speaking not only about the V60 but also the G7) and there was no lag even after two years with the G7. To top it off the pricing is so much lower and, imo, you have a winner!!

I only mentioned one possible advantage over the Samsung because the Samsung also has manual controls. I mentioned manual controls over that of the Pixels I owned. As far as lag you're comparing your device to older devices. Very few devices lag these days. As far as the DAC, many of the external USB C dongles come close to the built in DAC.
If we want to go down an entire list there are advantages and disavantages to every device. There really aren't any clear winners. It depends on what you need and what you like.