connecting and tranfering file from a p20 lite with a broken screen to a laptop ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Can anybody help, A friend has broken her P20 lite phone screen,the phone has photos etc on, that she has not backed up, when you plug the phone to a laptop, it does -appear on the laptop. I guess you need to select 'transfer files' on the phone - but the screen is un read able.Any ideas?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
While the LCD portion of the screen may be broken and not working the digitizer, the glass everyone refers to as the screen when it gets cracked, is tough and often works even when heavily damaged. This why you see so many people walking around with cracked screens like it ain't no thing. The display portion is simply a guide to what you're looking at while the digitizer does all of the input stuff. It doesn't care if there's an image on the screen or not. There is probably not as much going on here as you think.

The phone most likely just needs to be unlocked and the PC will be able to see its files. I'm not 100% on the P20 but not many MFGRs require a change in settings to "transfer" "charge" "data passthrough" for USB connections anymore. I'll offer you advice for both though.

Since unlocking the phone will be the easiest thing to try first, I think that is where you should begin. Power the phone on and have her use muscle memory to enter her pattern to unlock the phone. Some times if the phone hasn't been powered down and there's a fingerprint scanner or face recognition that might work too. Neither of those care if there is an image displayed. Anyway we've all entered our pattern hundreds of times so its location and size should be easy to guess. Once the device is unlocked try connecting it to the PC.

If a setting change is required things may get a bit trickier. You'll need to find another P20 that you can mimic. YouTube is probably a good place to start for this. Maybe look for a vid on how to transfer files from a P20 to a PC. There's so much on there that you'll probably be able to find exactly that, then it's a simple matter of mimicking the steps on her device, approximating the location without having the display. With everything being closed down it may be hard right now to go to a retailer and putting hands on a model but perhaps a friend has one that would be able to help you somehow.

Best wishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45