Contacts How Do You Add a Photo?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Need help adding pictures to contacts so their picture comes up when they call.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Choose the contact, tap edit on the top right, on the left of the contact's name, tap the camera icon, and choose the rightmost icon to access your gallery.

-# Cheers! #-

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Go to gallery (where you have the pic).
Select the pic.
Tap on the pic until you see the 3 menu dots
Scroll down
Click "set as"
Choose contact photo.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

In addition to the above, if you link your Contacts with one your Account's contacts that picture will also show when in a call.

If you haven't done it, when you are in Contacts, you go to settings and you will see a Merge option, doing that will merge the contacts it automatically can match, the rest must be done manually one by one.

JCB10

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, that did it. Why on Earth was this changed?? It's a property of the Contact & should be able to be set/changed from within editing the contact!! Whoever thought changing to this as the only way of doing this & thought it was a good idea needs to have their head examined. Totally NOT OBVIOUS! I'm a software developer, and making this the new and only choice is terrible design.

SamsungS5user

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
What *I* did Samsung Galaxy S5 September 2016 :

1 - took picture of whatever facebook picture

2 - deleted contact if i already had them set up because - i found out - if i didnt have them stored on device i couldnt change the image

3 - added the contact again storing it on device this time and using the picture i took of whatever facebook picture i used and set that up as image. it still isnt ideal but its a start. good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays