Continuum won't 'activate' ota for pageplus. (Have incomming txts- but no voice- help...)

golfcartguy

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey there. New to this forum, and from the 3 I have browsed, this seems to be the place to go. Anyway, wondering if anyone had this happen before, and if so, how did they fix it?

I bought a used Continuum on CL - in another state than my home state of MD (in case it matters). Tried to activate there and it didnt get anywhere. So, waited until I got home and tried using customer service. To no avail. Decided to do a hard reset, and tried again tonight. Got as far as receiving incomming texts. No voice calls. When I call to try to do the Ota programming, an error recording says either "you do not have enough balance to place a call- there is not enough money on your account" which I do (I have the unlimted talk and text plan- fyi), or "Please enter the 10 digit number you are trying to call"- "Do not add *67 etc."

The info on my phone is as follows:

Hardware version: I400.0.6
Firmware version: 2.2.2
Baseband Version: S:i400.0.6V.EC09
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: SCH-I400.EC09

Anyone have any suggestions? I would love to do this myself, but, if need be will take it in.

Thanks in advance guys, I will share what I learn, and point others here!

Later,
GCG in MD

---------- Post Merged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Update. Re- reset the phone, changed min etc. and now both send and receive text messages. No voice however, ??? Thought I would mention.

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey there. New to this forum, and from the 3 I have browsed, this seems to be the place to go. Anyway, wondering if anyone had this happen before, and if so, how did they fix it?

I bought a used Continuum on CL - in another state than my home state of MD (in case it matters). Tried to activate there and it didnt get anywhere. So, waited until I got home and tried using customer service. To no avail. Decided to do a hard reset, and tried again tonight. Got as far as receiving incomming texts. No voice calls. When I call to try to do the Ota programming, an error recording says either "you do not have enough balance to place a call- there is not enough money on your account" which I do (I have the unlimted talk and text plan- fyi), or "Please enter the 10 digit number you are trying to call"- "Do not add *67 etc."

The info on my phone is as follows:

Hardware version: I400.0.6
Firmware version: 2.2.2
Baseband Version: S:i400.0.6V.EC09
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: SCH-I400.EC09

Anyone have any suggestions? I would love to do this myself, but, if need be will take it in.

Thanks in advance guys, I will share what I learn, and point others here!

Later,
GCG in MD

---------- Post Merged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Update. Re- reset the phone, changed min etc. and now both send and receive text messages. No voice however, ??? Thought I would mention.

Are you still getting the same error, when you attempt to activate? I'd call verizon with the ESN (A00000*********), and make sure it's good. That sounds to me like the phone had been flashed to boost, or some other prepaid carrier.
Also, I'm assuming you are in a VERIZON area, and not extended network? That is the only way you can activate. Otherwise, it will revert to the carrier who's tower you are bouncing of of. After activation, it won't matter. But, for the purposes of activation, you have to be in vzw. coverage.

golfcartguy

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Wildman9904.
I tried using the Verizon ESN checker, and the one from Kitty forums (Pageplus), and both say its fine.
I believe it may have been flashed to 'Mobipcs'? I am wondering if I should try to flash it, or half flash it rather, using UFW? And will that bring it back to factory settings? (So that the Pageplus will work?). Already tried a hard reset, 2x, to no avail.
Or, is there a way to get in and just remove the 'Mobipcs' junk and revert to factory?
Any help would truly be appreciated.

Last edited:

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me do a little research tonight. Honestly, carrier flashing is something I'm not too up to speed on. I'll see what I can find out, for you.

alaneddy

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
*228 or *22890

I have had *228 not work on both continuum and fascinate, and had to go to *22890 with success (on pageplus).