Droid MAXX: Something is turning my data off at night....hmmmm.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, something is turning my data off at night and I can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions on where to look? I can't figure it out. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Something is turning my data off at night....hmmmm.

Is moto assist kicking it off?
Actually that's not it. Look at battery saver or data usage. I remember seeing something that turned mine off before.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't think Assist will disable Data. About the only thing that I can think of that would do that would be the battery saver. Just to clarify, you say something is turning the data off at night...How did you determine this? Are you looking at the phone and seeing the data being shut off or is this noticed in the morning and if so how do you know it was shut off during the night. I am just trying to gather as much information to try and figure out what might be causing it.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't think Assist will disable Data. About the only thing that I can think of that would do that would be the battery saver. Just to clarify, you say something is turning the data off at night...How did you determine this? Are you looking at the phone and seeing the data being shut off or is this noticed in the morning and if so how do you know it was shut off during the night. I am just trying to gather as much information to try and figure out what might be causing it.

When I wake up in the morning, the data is off. I have unlimited data, so I never turn it off. This doesn't happen every night...it was still on when I woke up this morning, but the last couple of mornings it was on. Weird.

S4Rs

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I know part of the battery saver tech is at night it toggles the data pulling. So it checks less frequently when not plugged in at night. That said if you are plugged in you shouldn't notice it, and it doesn't do any of that by physically changing a setting on the phone. When was the last time you rebooted? I am always on WIFI at night too.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I usually reboot once a day. Hmmm...I'll keep playing around with it.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I usually reboot once a day. Hmmm...I'll keep playing around with it.

Why do you reboot? I'm at day 71 since my last reboot, no problems.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I remember having a program to reboot my blackberry every night but since my switch to android never.

Last reboot for me was due to the unlock bootloader.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Why do you reboot? I'm at day 71 since my last reboot, no problems.

As for me, I've gone at most 31 days. At some point my phone will "forget" that I have a trusted bluetooth device connected and insist that I enter my PIN every time I unlock it. Once that happens, it never fixes itself without a restart.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I remember having a program to reboot my blackberry every night but since my switch to android never.
The classic Blackberry OS had a partition of the flash memory which was dedicated to application binaries and data, which had security features in the memory hardware to control modifications. This was part of what made Blackberries so secure. Unfortunately, this memory partition was notoriously small, and reboots were often necessary to reclaim memory leaks from applications.

I am a former Blackberry user, who really was tired of apps not being available on my platform (yes, Android apps will run on the new Blackberry OS, but there are issues like access to Google services).. Also, the new Blackberry OS removed a lot of the classic Blackberry features that I liked, like a centralized e-mail service that would poll your various e-mail servers and push updates to the phone. And compress the data link.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886