Edit screenshot

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the latest version of Google. I just saw an announcement about the ability to edit a screenshot. I can't find the settings. Help |

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not necessarily an Android feature, but a Samsung implementation. I believe it IS present in the S5, but I could be wrong (I skipped that model). I'm pretty sure it was there on the Note 5, but maybe the S5 didn't. IF it's there, you should see a bunch of options at the bottom of the screenshot (or in the notification that you get when you screenshot something). If you don't see those, then the feature is not available for your specific model.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have both the beta and the current version that you mentioned. Is my smartphone capable of the new feature? why can't I find the option to edit screenshots? thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Has the feature been rolled out to all versions? If so, what are the specific steps to take to access the feature? I can't find the settings listed in the announcement. Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You cannot be running 2 versions of the Google app.

As per my previous link, you need to be on the Google Beta version 7.21, see screenshot #1 ... Menu > Settings > Accounts and privacy > Edit and share screenshots (at the very bottom of the list), see screenshot #2 .

#1 . Google Beta in Play Store

#2 . Edit screenshot

5SK7XZJ.jpg

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the latest version of Google and the BETA I must be getting dumber as I get older. I'm not able to get to the menu in order to get to the new screenshot feature. Can you provide me with a step by step procedure to accomplish my goal? Thanks for your patience.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the latest version of Google and the BETA I must be getting dumber as I get older. I'm not able to get to the menu in order to get to the new screenshot feature. Can you provide me with a step by step procedure to accomplish my goal? Thanks for your patience.

Open your Google Beta app and go to ... Menu (3 bars on bottom right) > Settings > About > post a screenshot or details of Version that it shows.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Open your Google Beta app and go to ... Menu (3 bars on bottom right) > Settings > About > post a screenshot or details of Version that it shows.

I can't find the settings listed above. I know that you're patients is wearing thin and appreciate your hanging in there. But this is very important to me. I need to have you stay with me. Please let me have a step by step procedure.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't find the settings listed above. I know that you're patients is wearing thin and appreciate your hanging in there. But this is very important to me. I need to have you stay with me. Please let me have a step by step procedure.

I am afraid that since I have already offered, simple, step-by-step procedures in both posts #6 & #8, above, there is nothing further I can do. Since you cannot possibly be running 2 different versions of the Google app, as you claim, on your phone at the same time and you are not able to find the Version details of the Google app that you have... we have reached an impasse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174