Factory resetting DMTECH Tablet 7535B.

Kriper

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
I have taken over my late fathers tablet. It's a DMTECH 7535B with Android. Don't know which version. . I don't have the pin code so I can't open it up so I thought I should do a factory reset. I manage to go in to the Android System Recovery v4.2.41. The option at the top is Reboot and that is highlighted. Further down there is the option Wipe Data/Factory reset. But I can't reach it. This tablet has no volume buttons so I can't go down with the marker and highlight it. What shall I do? I have no Users Guide and have not found any on the net. There should be guidelines how to reset the tablet. This brand does not exist anaymore so I can't find any support either. Help me!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
If you factory reset it will ask for your father's Google credentials, if volume buttons are broken and can't use to select best bet get another tablet

Kriper

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
If you factory reset it will ask for your father's Google credentials, if volume buttons are broken and can't use to select best bet get another tablet

My father didn't have a Google account as far as I know. There is no volume buttons at all. I guess you change the volume by the software. Since I can get into the recovery mode there must be a way to choose the different options. A Users Guide would be nice to have...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My father didn't have a Google account as far as I know. There is no volume buttons at all. I guess you change the volume by the software. Since I can get into the recovery mode there must be a way to choose the different options. A Users Guide would be nice to have...
You can double check in settings under accounts see if any are there , as for recovery you can only navigate with buttons

Kriper

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So if you press the Power button, it just selects the current highlighted option?

Does the device have a tiny reset button hole on the back or sides? Look for a pinhole like shown in the diagram for this other DM TECH tablet (on page 13 of the manual): https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1224791/Dmtech-7945.html?page=14#manual

I found a paper were my father hade written down different passwords for different websites. One password was accuring several times so I tried that. And that was also the password for the tablet so the problem is solved now. Thank you for all suggestions.