[FREE] Digital Signage App with Google integration - SplashTiles

videostorm

Jul 31, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My company has just created a new web service that allows you to create customized "screens" from your Google calendar events, tasks, news, photos, IP cameras, and many others. You can then display these screens on any Android, Android TV, or Fire OS device (Shields, Fire Stick, Android tablets, etc) with full remote control, scheduling, or control via Alexa or IFTTT.

Obviously there are already similar products out there in the wild, but ours is geared more towards Cloud based automation and people who use a lot of Android devices in their homes or businesses.

The service has both Free and Pro (paid) tiers. In terms of the product features, both tiers are identical. The Free tier adds an advertising bar at the top of your screens, where the Pro has no ads. Free also requires periodic Recaptcha verification to combat the bots.

I am posting here in the hope of getting some feedback from this most excellent tech crowd :)

Specifically, here are some areas we could use your help on:

Freemium structure: Do you prefer full features with ads or an ad free only basic features (for free accounts)?
Do you find our screen design simple to use? If not, why?
We have many remote control options. Is there a particular method we are missing?
We support PIP display on most devices. Do you ever use PIP on your Android streaming devices?
What do you like and dislike about the service in general?

The service is called SplashTiles and you can test it at https://splash-tiles.com. There are also demo videos there you that show how it works without needing to create an account.

The Android app on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.videostorm.splashtiles&hl=en

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Freemium structure: Do you prefer full features with ads or an ad free only basic features (for free accounts)?
That depends on the app. If the free version does what I need, a cut down free version is fine. If not, a free version with unobtrusive ads (and constant Recaptcha is obtrusive) is okay. If it's a large complex app, I don't mind paying a few dollars for it.

Do you find our screen design simple to use? If not, why?
I didn't try it, just looked at it on Play, but the screens don't seem complicated at all.

We support PIP display on most devices. Do you ever use PIP on your Android streaming devices?
Many times, mostly with Maps.

The service is called SplashTiles and you can test it at https://splash-tiles.com. There are also demo videos there you that show how it works without needing to create an account.
Reading white titles on lime green is almost impossible. Change the titles to black, so I know what I'm clicking on. I can't give you a report on "I clicked on something and saw a picture". What was it I was supposed to see? A picture? A slide show? A map? I have no idea.

videostorm

Jul 31, 2019
Visit site
That depends on the app. If the free version does what I need, a cut down free version is fine. If not, a free version with unobtrusive ads (and constant Recaptcha is obtrusive) is okay. If it's a large complex app, I don't mind paying a few dollars for it.

I didn't try it, just looked at it on Play, but the screens don't seem complicated at all.

Many times, mostly with Maps.

Reading white titles on lime green is almost impossible. Change the titles to black, so I know what I'm clicking on. I can't give you a report on "I clicked on something and saw a picture". What was it I was supposed to see? A picture? A slide show? A map? I have no idea.

Thanks for the feedback.

Any idea where you saw the white title on lime green?

All of our tiles have user configurable background colors. The foreground text is either white or black based on the contrast of the background color the user chooses (during screen creation).

On the free accounts, the Recaptcha is once a month. Do you consider that obtrusive?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to the link you gave, clicked Get Started, Clicked Click For examples (left side) and got a row of storage icons (7 of them) in lime green, with black "disk piles" and white lettering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201