Galaxy Nexus randomly turned off?

BLNT

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
This has happened a few times over the last couple of months.

Today, it happened twice... what was I doing at the time? NOTHING

The phone was in my pocket. Twice today when I took it out to make a call it was OFF. That is REAL handy assuming I want to save my battery and not get calls/messages!!

GEESH! :mad:

stammam

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My device just "randomly" switches off (sometimes several times a day). After a long search for a reproducible cause, it seems safe to say that at least some devices seem to be extremely shock sensitive in the area right below the camera (on the back of the device). Even minuscule shocks to this area switch these devices off. Youtube-user 'jardinepatten' demonstrates this problem nicely in a video called "Galaxy Nexus Turning Off":

Galaxy Nexus Turning Off - YouTube

a.bit

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have also today has my nexus make a popping noise then roboot twice. Anyone have any ideas what this could be. Both were while web browsing, once in chrome another in dolphin. I was not running any other apps in the background.

kentman

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Three random reboots in the first nine days of ownership. Let's hope 4.0.4 will kill these. I went through this already on the thunderbolt. 2.3.4 cured me on the TB.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My device just "randomly" switches off (sometimes several times a day). After a long search for a reproducible cause, it seems safe to say that at least some devices seem to be extremely shock sensitive in the area right below the camera (on the back of the device). Even minuscule shocks to this area switch these devices off. Youtube-user 'jardinepatten' demonstrates this problem nicely in a video called "Galaxy Nexus Turning Off":

Galaxy Nexus Turning Off - YouTube

Do note that is a GSM model in the video.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing it about 3 times a day last week. It was also turning off the mic and speaker during calls, and randomly turning speakerphone on and off. A factory reset did nothing, so i called Verizon on Saturday. On Monday morning I received my 2nd Galaxy Nexus. No issues at all this week. *Knocks on wood*

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have also today has my nexus make a popping noise then roboot twice. Anyone have any ideas what this could be. Both were while web browsing, once in chrome another in dolphin. I was not running any other apps in the background.

I have this happen every now and then, too. Just the other day it did it again. I think I was just opening messaging after I got a text and it popped and restarted. This is my biggest complaint about the phone, random reboots and shut downs that require battery pulls. Although it doesn't do it enough for me to return it. It has happened less since I've removed some apps and games I never really used anyways and cleared the cache like someone had suggested.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is what I get for opening my mouth. Was watching TV, looked down, and there sits my Nexus with the Google logo...