Galaxy Nexus to the iPhone 5

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I am using the same Galaxy Nexus I bought on release day. I've had some minor issues like the junk battery that came with it. The nice thing about this phone is I have then option to buy a bigger battery. Try that with an iphone. To help with the battery issue I rooted and flashed a new kernel. I can go all day on a single charge now. And for those saying Samsung radios are bad, I live in a terrible service area. Seriously look up new Bloomington Ohio and check the coverage. My wife has a razr and drops calls constantly. I drop some here and there but not near as many as she does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think that it is ridiculous to buy a phone that is bursting at the seams with bloatware from the carrier/manufacturer/third parties to the point that you have to wait for some hacker to break into the device, get around the encrypted boot loader and put some Rom that who knows who made. These Roms by the way are in various states of functionality and really only tech people would even dream of doing this to their phones. So most Android users are left with these unusable phones that they got for their job, were talked into buying and are stuck with them for 2 years. Android phones might have quad core processors and 2gb of Ram but there is so much junk that you can't enjoy it. My Dad's Bionic is so hobbled by junk that it can barely be used. Most people that defend Android are hackers and devs. Everyone else that has one was either talked into it by a Carrier sales rep (seen it happen) or just wanted a bigger screen.

Sorry for this but isheep. Btw when I go into a carrier store that had the iphone they always suggest that first to me in fact at the Sprint store we go to almost everyone who works there has an iphone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So what's your argument? Almost every single Android phone gets updated to the next OS. You said that iPhone gets updates and Android doesn't, so naturally I assumed you were smart enough to not claim that the 4 and 3Gs would not get updates. Therefore I pointed out your weak claim by saying what Apple said, and that's that the previous iPhone models wont get all the features. That means they are NO better than Android in updating. In fact, I still think Android does a better job because if you do get updated, you get ALL the new features as opposed to Apple leaving the 'cool' stuff out.

Don't try to debate both sides of the coin. You have to choose one side and go with it, or everyone see's your trashy claims have no foundation. You can't claim that Apple is the best at updating, but then admit that they wont update the 4 with all the features of iOS 6.

There is a difference though. Apple is able to push their updates to their phones without problems and ridiculous delays from the carriers. With Android devices there are a couple of significant problems with updates in my opinion. The first being how long it takes manufacturers to update their phones because of all the garbage they have to do to make their skins work with whatever the latest Android OS is. The second being how long a phone carrier takes before they "approve" the update going out over their system.

---------- Post Merged at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I am using the same Galaxy Nexus I bought on release day. I've had some minor issues like the junk battery that came with it. The nice thing about this phone is I have then option to buy a bigger battery. Try that with an iphone. To help with the battery issue I rooted and flashed a new kernel. I can go all day on a single charge now. And for those saying Samsung radios are bad, I live in a terrible service area. Seriously look up new Bloomington Ohio and check the coverage. My wife has a razr and drops calls constantly. I drop some here and there but not near as many as she does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Being able to purchase and install larger batteries is definitely a plus. Unfortunately, doing that doesn't really fix the problem of just how much battery is used and the pace it is used at on the Nexus.

I think it is sad that in order to get any type of decent battery life out of our phones that we need to switch many of the numerous features that make our phones "smartphones" in order to get a normal day out of the devices.

kwildman

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
kind of an old thread but thought i would add my two cents in.

I have had android phones since the first one hit verizon. Most recently was the Galaxy Nexus i got on release day. It was a good phone and I got three updates from verizon (although they are slow as **** getting them out). My phone started acting up 3 months ago...screen turned pink. Recently it started getting very hot and then this week it was draining the extended battery in 2.5 hours. Well I got an iPhone5 to replace it. As an IT director i have been through tons of crap trying to support all the different droid devices. The iPhones always just worked. i also steered the less techy types towards the iphone as it was less likely they would do something stupid and i wouldnt have to support them as much. These reasons and the fact that Verizon just doesnt get the concept of a NEXUS device. So far very happy with the iphone...my first Apple device of any kind. I think the phone quality is better than any droid i have ever owned. Its a damn good phone.

Now before i get flamed... i still have a Nexus 7 and love it. Will always have an Android tablet. I will never own a Mac computer because i support a windows environment and use Linux for my personal use.

Verizon if you are listening...embrace the concept of the NEXUS and provide updates in a timely manner.
Manufacturers building on the Droid platforms - how about less work on your slick wrappers and develop hardware that can actually be used as a decent phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod