Google Assistant vs Google Now on tap

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Just got the pie update on my T-MOBILE Note 9 and liking the new gestures, especially since there's currently no "hide navigation buttons" option if you choose to use navigation buttons. However I don't see a way to access Google now on tap, only Google Assistant. I used to long press the home button and it would bring up the Google now on tap feature, which had the very convenient "share screenshot" option. I used that all the time to quickly capture and share a screenshot without saving the photo. I've used the Xda recommended remapping of the bixby button to Google Assistant, but the "share screenshot" option isn't included with it (see attached photos). Does anyone know how to still access Google now on tap while using the gestures instead of navigation buttons?

Attachments

• 32637.jpg
    32637.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 20
  • SmartSelect_20190302-083314_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190302-083314_Google.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Stephen Martino

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Try using the Home button gesture but leave your finger on the screen after you have slid up about an inch. Then click on What's on my Screen.

But you have to be in an App. From the home screen you get different options.

Last edited:

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Try using the Home button gesture but leave your finger on the screen after you have slid up about an inch. Then click on What's on my Screen.

But you have to be in an App. From the home screen you get different options.
I tried this but never see "What's on my screen".

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I just remapped the Bixby button to Google Assistant with one press, Bixby with two., simples

I did that as well.... But it doesn't provide the "share screenshot" option. Only pausing on the swipe up for home gesture seems to do the trick.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I did that as well.... But it doesn't provide the "share screenshot" option. Only pausing on the swipe up for home gesture seems to do the trick.

For some reason I don't get Google assistant when I hold the home button and swipe up, it used to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays