Google Keyboard predicts spellings from languages I did not select

DesertTwang

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I have three languages installed on my Pixel 2's Google keyboard because I regularly communicate in English, German and Spanish. Using the space key, Google keyboard lets me select whichever language I want to have at my disposal when using the keyboard. So far, so good.

Here's the issue: Google Keyboard keeps suggesting spellings for words from the OTHER languages when I'm typing. In other words, let's say I have the English keyboard selected and am typing a message. The keyboard still makes predictions, and inserts, words from Spanish or German. It's driving me nuts. What's the whole point of being able to toggle between different keyboard languages if Google ignores my selection anyway?

Does anyone know a fix to this issue?

Thank you! Danke schön! Gracias!

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Is it perhaps predicting the language you're using? The BlackBerry keyboard does this quite effectively. No need to change languages (although you can), the kb just "knows".

DesertTwang

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Is it perhaps predicting the language you're using? The BlackBerry keyboard does this quite effectively. No need to change languages (although you can), the kb just "knows".
That's what I'm guessing. If that's correct, the different keyboard languages are really just to have the appropriate keyboard layout at one's disposal, with no bearing on the language Google uses for spelling and auto-complete purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya