Google Not Always Reading Calendar

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
On my P7Pro, after my morning alarm is turned off Google will sometimes read off my calendar. It started with missing one day a week of not reading it, then two days, now I'm lucky if it reads the calendar two days a week. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
Thanks!!

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...I didn't even know this could be done! How did you set this up in the first place? Whatever you did to accomplish this I would undo it...then redo it!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Interesting...I didn't even know this could be done! How did you set this up in the first place? Whatever you did to accomplish this I would undo it...then redo it!
Google Assistant Routines. Open your clock app > expand an alarm and click > Google Assistant Routine. Then set it up for what you want to happen when you dismiss your alarm.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
On my P7Pro, after my morning alarm is turned off Google will sometimes read off my calendar. It started with missing one day a week of not reading it, then two days, now I'm lucky if it reads the calendar two days a week. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
Thanks!!
Try setting up that Assistant Routine again, turn off all the options and then re-enable each option you want. For me the alarm routine has worked flawlessly every morning going back to my Pixel 4XL. But sometimes Assistant gets whacky after OS updates and you need to re-enable some things.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Thank you ... I'll redo the alarm options, per your suggestion. The routines worked flawlessly through my Pixel 2, then 6Pro, but in the last 3 months with my 7 Pro it decided to have amnesia some days.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Stanley, the only way this will work is if you use the Google Calendar. My preferred calendar is the Outlook Calendar, so in order to be reminded of something first thing in the morning I have to enter it into the Google Calendar. Kind of a pain in the neck, but that's the way it goes!