Google Now language issue

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I live in Atlanta but I use my phone in Turkish language (I'm originally from Turkey).
Once I received my 4.1.1 update I wanted to jump in and use Google Now. However, the features cannot be used if the phone is set to another language.
This is somewhat annoying. I can perform searches in Turkish. That works just fine.
Also, I even set my language setting under Google Now to English US but the functionality is just not there if the phone's language is Turkish.

I believe this is a bug. Why would Google Now care in which language I use my phone? It has its own language settings. Why doesn't it just use that to provide the service?
Given that I live in the US, and I set it up in English, why would it care if the rest of the phone's menus are in Turkish?

Is there anyone else who has a similar problem? Maybe with another language?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I live in Atlanta but I use my phone in Turkish language (I'm originally from Turkey).
Once I received my 4.1.1 update I wanted to jump in and use Google Now. However, the features cannot be used if the phone is set to another language.
This is somewhat annoying. I can perform searches in Turkish. That works just fine.
Also, I even set my language setting under Google Now to English US but the functionality is just not there if the phone's language is Turkish.

I believe this is a bug. Why would Google Now care in which language I use my phone? It has its own language settings. Why doesn't it just use that to provide the service?
Given that I live in the US, and I set it up in English, why would it care if the rest of the phone's menus are in Turkish?

Is there anyone else who has a similar problem? Maybe with another language?

Have you tried downloading the "offline language pack" in your desired language? That may help with some things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco